ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera
The ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera is ideal for wildlife observation in forested areas, with an impressive field of view and up to 10x digital zoom, together with Fog, Universal and Discover presets.
- Extremely high-quality compact and lightweight thermal imaging camera for wildlife observation day or night
- Includes a 640 x 480 sensor and 20mm interchangeable lens which offers a field of view of 38 m/100 m
- Features newly developed ZEISS Smart Image Processing Pro algorithm which renders impressive clarity and detail
- Swappable batteries each provide 6.5 hour continuous use in order to observe wildlife for extended periods
- Enjoy intuitive ergonomics, customisation and store up to four profiles alongside four existing presets
ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera Summary
ZEISS is expanding their range of night scopes with the addition of the ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera, which has been designed with an impressive 38m/100m field of view for wildlife observation in forested areas. It offers unprecedented image quality, which allows you to recognise outstanding levels of detail on your subject. This is achieved through a ZEISS developed smart image processing Pro algorithm, which works together with the 640 x 480 sensor with 12 micron pixel pitch and the 1024 x 768 HD AMOLED display.
A fine zoom function in 0.1x increments with an optical magnification of 1.5x/3.0x ensures you can see maximum detail for more pleasurable wildlife observation. As well as this ZEISS specially developed an eyepiece with a large subjective field of view, which is shaped like a pair of ZEISS binoculars. This offers eyeglass wearers a particularly comfortable viewing experience with 100% field of view. Swappable batteries offer up to 6.5 hours continuous use in the field, ensuring you have a better success rate when observing wildlife during the day or night.
Key ZEISS DTI 6/20 Features
- Impressive field of view of 38 m/100 m
- High-quality 640 x 480 sensor
- Includes interchangeable ZEISS DTI 6 ZB 20mm Lens
- HD AMOLED display
- Specially developed eyepiece works with glasses
- ZEISS Smart Image Processing Pro
- Intuitive ergonomics with scroll wheel control
- 6.5 hour battery life
- Customisable with up to four profiles
- Developed, designed and manufactured in Germany
ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera in More Detail
Excellent image quality
The ZEISS DTI 6/20 helps you recognise your subject more clearly when photographing and filming in the dark. The camera delivers unprecedented image quality, which allows you to recognise an exceptional level of detail.
ZEISS developed an innovative smart image processing Pro algorithm, which works in combination with the 640 x 480 sensor that boasts a 12 micron pixel pitch, and the 1024 x 768 HD AMOLED display, to deliver high-contrast and detailed images.
Fine zoom control
The fine zoom can be adjusted in increments of 0.1x with an optical magnification of 1.5x/3.0x and the up to 10x digital zoom ensure that you can see the maximum amount of detail. The specially developed eyepiece with a large subjective field of view is shaped like a pair of binoculars and even offers eyeglass wearers a particularly comfortable viewing experience and 100% field of view.
Long lasting swappable batteries
The ZEISS DTI 6 ZB Battery Pack lasts for 6.5 hours in continuous operation and can be easily swapped with pre-charged batteries while out enjoying nature, helping you to identify individual details more reliably, for maximum photographing and filming success.
ZEISS Smart Image Processing Pro
ZEISS thermal imaging cameras include sophisticated technology in order to identify subjects when photographing and filming at night with a high degree of accuracy. The image processing process plays a critical role in achieving exceptional image quality, so the ZEISS Smart Image Processing Pro algorithm has been developed by ZEISS.
This uses a three-step optimisation process to create a clear, detailed image for the viewer from a raw sensor image to ensure that hunters can recognise the maximum amount of detail. In addition to processing the sensor output signal, ZEISS Smart Image Processing Pro optimises how the thermal image is displayed in two ways. Firstly, to achieve perfect contrast, it first divides the full image into several sections of equal size, then optimises the contrast of each section individually in order to display the best possible image in each section. The algorithm then reassembles the results of the respective sections into a complete, fully optimised single image. Secondly the ZEISS Smart Image Processing Pro detects and enhances the visualisation of individual heat sources so that game clearly stands out from the dark background with high contrast.
ZEISS developed the ergonomics to include a scroll wheel, which allows both left-handed and right-handed users to select zoom levels or menu more easily in the dark, which can be controlled when wearing gloves. A modern user interface with easily recognisable fonts and icons also contributes to best-in-class ergonomics.
The specially developed eyepiece with a large subjective field of view is shaped like a pair of binoculars and even offers eyeglass wearers a particularly comfortable viewing experience.
Find out more about how thermal imaging cameras work in our blog post, which details how the Microbolometer sensor, colour display, image processor and shutter combine for exceptional nature observation, even in total darkness.
The ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera is perfectly equipped to cater for your own personal preferences, with numerous configuration options, and customisation. From selecting your preferred zoom speed to adjusting the duration of the stand-by timer and the LED configuration to creating your own colour palettes, the DTI 6 can be customised to suit your workflow.
Your settings can also be saved in up to four observation profiles so that you are equipped for any situation. Two interchangeable lenses are also available, allowing you to switch focal lengths in the blink of an eye.
Image settings for any situation
The environment, weather and visibility are unpredictable, but have a major impact on photographing and filming in the dark. With the ZEISS DTI 6 you are perfectly equipped to handle any situation.
Thanks to the interchangeable lens, the thermal imaging optics can be adjusted – the long 40 mm focal length of the DTI 6/40 offers a greater range for the open field, while this model includes a 20 mm focal length, which is ideal for forested areas.
Extremely fine zoom levels (in increments of 0.1x) make it possible to display even the smallest details perfectly and identify details reliably. The optical magnification is depending on the focal length either 1.5x or 3.0x, and the digital zoom extends up to 10x. In addition, the preset Fog, Universal, Discover, and Identify observation modes help to tailor the view to the respective photographing and filming situation.
Advanced power management
The ZEISS DTI 6’s innovative power management is designed for all night viewing, with a battery that provides 6.5 hours of continuous observation. It is also easily replaceable with optional extras as well as being operable with a standard power bank. Standby mode is activated by a proximity sensor, switching the camera on and off whenever the DTI 6 is picked up or put down.
What’s in the box
- ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera
- ZEISS DTI 6 ZB 20mm Lens
- ZEISS DTI 6 ZB Battery Pack
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Scope Close focus (m): N/A|
|Scope Eyerelief (mm): N/A|
|Focal length (mm): N/A|
|Scope Lens coating: N/A|
|Max magnification: N/A|
|Min magnification: N/A|
|Scope Objective lens (mm): N/A|
|Scope Type: N/A|
The ZEISS DTI 6/20 Thermal Imaging Camera opens a new chapter for wildlife lovers who enjoy observing and photographing animals at night. It comes with an interchangeable 20mm lens, which is ideal for forests and hedgerows thanks to a wide field of view, and you can add an optional 40mm lens for viewing more distant subjects in the open field.
ZEISS has developed a new imaging algorithm which renders excellent details when combined with the 640 x 480 sensor and newly developed eyepiece, which works well for glasses wearers and has a more familiar shape, more in keeping with a binocular.
Battery life is excellent with up to 6.5 hours continuous operation from swappable batteries, allowing you to bring spares along for extended viewing periods. As with other ZEISS thermal imaging cameras the ergonomics are excellent and the ZEISS DTI 6/20 also offers extensive customisation to control zoom speed, colour and presets.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.