Zeiss C Sonnar T* 50mm f/1.5 ZM Lens Black Leica M
With a heritage harking back to the 1930's, the black Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm ZM for Leica M is both a compact and classic lens, with a fast f/1.5 aperture providing beautiful bokeh and precise focusing.
ZEISS C Sonnar T* 50mm f/1.5 ZM M-Mount Lens Black
This standard focal length offers special qualities, which make it well suited for portraiture and documenting authentic events and people.
The ‘C' designation in the ZEISS C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM name means both ‘compact' and ‘classic'. The lens design and aperture geometry reflect its predecessor from the 1930s, the Sonnar 1,5/50, which was the fastest standard lens of its time. The excellent flare control inherent of the Sonnar lens design is further optimized with the ZEISS T* anti-reflection coating. This lens stays true to its heritage, physically resembling the lenses of the past. With its fast aperture, taking photographs with a beautiful ‘bokeh' that reflects the ambiance of the golden age of rangefinder photography is as simple as pressing a button.
Product features in detail
Made in Germany
The lens is made in Germany and incorporates a very complex optical design. In our manufacturing facilities in Germany we have unrivalled experience in designing and manufacturing the most advanced lenses in the photographic world. Examples include exceptionally high performance lenses for semiconductor manufacturing, cinematography and top quality medium format camera s.
Excellent image quality
The range of ZEISS T* lenses offers the highest possible standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality. Quite simply, they are superior in every way. You can count on highly advanced flare control for crisp and brilliant images, for example. And virtually zero geometric distortion, ensuring precise accuracy when reproducing shapes – especially useful when photographing products and architecture.
Smooth, precise focusing
Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. The user-friendly focusing ring on ZEISS lenses with an ergonomic finger rest is perfect for fast, precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play, thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane.
The mount and control elements of all ZM lenses are made of metal and are designed for decades of intensive use. The high-quality craftsmanship of the all-metal mounts, the easy-to-grip metal focus and aperture ring and the robust front bayonet and filter threads ensure an amazing photographic experience.
Virtually distortion-free optics
Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles – ZEISS lenses open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines, whose image does not go through the image center, would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses M mount
|Aperture ring: Yes
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): 56
|Length (mm): 63
|Weight (g): 350
|Distance scale: Yes
|DoF scale: Yes
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: N/A
|Focal length: 50 mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: N/A
|Hood supplied: N/A
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 50
|Maximum magnification: 0.067
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.5
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 50
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.9
|Minimum aperture (number): 16
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: N/A
|Tripod collar: N/A
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: N/A
|Best For Interior and Architecture: N/A
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: N/A
|Best For Macro and Still Life: N/A
|Best For Astro: N/A
|Best For Street: N/A
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: N/A
|Zoom lock: N/A
|Zoom method: N/A
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!