Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Telephoto Lens Sony E
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 9248907B
Earn 999 Park Points
ZEISS Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E Mount
High speed, fast autofocus, and optical image stabilizer – in an easy telephoto range for the full frame: the perfect companion for portrait, event, and wedding photography.
Thanks to a speed of 1:1.8, very low depths of field can be used creatively. The optical image stabilization allows for successful hand-held shooting even in poor light conditions. With a focal length of 85 mm, the lens is the perfect companion for portrait, event, and wedding photography.
The ZEISS Batis autofocus lenses were developed especially for mirrorless full-frame system camera s by Sony. The lenses are fully compatible with all E-mount camera s and offer protection against dust and splashing water in addition to fast and easy autofocus. For creative work, the distance and depth of field can be read from the innovative OLED display. With the completely new lens design, the high-speed ZEISS Batis family offers perfect imaging performance.
Product features in detail
Optical image stabilization
Optical image stabilization gives you clear, steady images in poor light conditions. Combined with the camera 's own OIS, it provides you the benefits of both systems. In addition, this feature also allows for perfect images without digital noise, as the ISO values do not have to be increased to compensate for poor light conditions.
Smooth and reliable autofocus
The design of the autofocus system requires an extremely accurate shifting of particular lens groups. The focusing system of ZEISS lenses is designed to ensure a robust and smooth-running autofocus mechanism with the best imaging performance.
Versatile full-frame lens
The powerful lens for the mirrorless full-frame system of Sony fulfills the highest requirements. Despite its compact design, the image meets the expectations of professional photographers.
Robust and weatherproof metal construction
Thanks to features that are designed to keep out dust and spray water, the lens is perfectly suited for critical outdoor conditions. It is also designed for many years of intensive use.
Innovative OLED display
For the first time, you can accurately read the focus distance and depth of field simply and intuitively on the OLED display on the lens. Especially in poor light conditions – excellent readability is always guaranteed.
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 105|
|Length (mm): 78|
|Weight (g): 475|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 85 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 85|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 85|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.8|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: T* coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The care and attention that goes into a Zeiss lens is clearly on display with this Batis 85mm f/1.8. Fast autofocus, with intuitive manual focus that is aided by the OLED display. Did we mention the bokeh? Creamy and dreamy! it's also surprisingly lightweight for an 85mm.
- Zeiss Build quality
- Designed to balance on a Sony mirrorless
- Ideal portrait lens
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.