Wimberley The Plamp II
Wimberley Plamp 2 PP-200
Every Photographer Needs at Least One Wimberley Plamp!
One end of the Wimberley Plamp 2 clamps to your tripod while the other grasps the object.
Use the Plamp to stabilize windblown subjects, adjust the position or angle of your subject, or move obstructing foliage.
You can also use the Plamp to hold reflectors and lens shades.
One day in the field with a Plamp and you will begin to realize its full potential.
Uses for the Wimberley Plamp 2 on location:
- Steady wind-blown plants for ambient light photography.
- To hold reflectors, diffusers or small flashlights.
- Make small adjustments in your subject to align it with the film plane.
- Move your subject into the desired angle for lighting (i.e. back lighting, side lighting, and front lighting)
- Change the orientation of your subject to make an impossible camera angle into an easy one.
- Move your subject so that it is in front of the desired background.
- Move distracting background or foreground elements out of the way.
- Move desirable background or foreground elements into the picture.
- To hold a small shade to block light from hitting your lens and causing flare.
- Great for studio use.
The Plamp 2 will attach to tripod legs whose diameter is between 0.9 and 1.4 inches (23 to 35mm).
This includes Gitzo series 1,2,& 3 tripods and nearly all commonly used Bogen (Manfrotto) tripods.
The Plamp is 23” long, which is perfect for 100mm and smaller macro lenses.
If you wish to use longer lenses with the Plamp, you may wish to extend its length with the PP-222 Large Link Plamp Extension.
Weight: 7.9oz (224g)
Length: 23 inches (58.5 cm)
Maximum Clip Jaw Opening: 1 inch (2.54cm)
Maximum Holding Capacity: approx 8oz (227g) depending on position.
- The Plamp II will hold 12” reflectors and diffusers in any position with confidence.
- 20” reflectors, generally held in most positions and not fully cantilevered out, can be held and positioned confidently with a single Plamp II.
- 20” Diffusers can be cantilevered above your subject using one Plamp, however it is pushing the limits of the Plamp’s holding capacity.
- For diffusers larger than 20” in diameter, two Plamps are pretty much required to hold it steady.
|Offer Category: Tripods|
|Offer Product Type: Tripod Accessories|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Carry bag: N/A|
|Closed length (mm): N/A|
|Includes Head: N/A|
|Head type: N/A|
|Leg lock type: N/A|
|Leg sections: N/A|
|Tripod Load capacity (kg): N/A|
|Tripod Material: N/A|
|Max height (mm): N/A|
|Min height (mm): N/A|
|Tripod Type: N/A|
|Leg angles (deg): N/A|
|Angle adjustable legs: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.