Vanguard VEO 3 264AO Aluminium Spotting Scope Tripod
The VEO 3 264AO is a full sized aluminium tripod that is designed to deliver a stable base for even the most expensive spotting scope at maximum zoom, but be easier to carry around than the 3-section model when folded.
On top of the tripod is a VEO PH-28 2-way pan head with a single telescopic handle that controls the movement. When loosened, it allows you to follow a bird in flight with ease, and simply turning the handle allows you to lock it in place when the bird has landed. Alternatively you can alter the friction with the handle to increase the drag for maximum control. All this while keeping a hand free to adjust the focus or zoom of your spotting scope.
The quick release system is also Arca compatible, so it allows you to attach any spotting scope with an Arca compatible foot (including VEO spotting scopes and Endeavor spotting scopes) directly to the head without the need for a quick release plate, maximising the stability for observation. For those without an Arca compatible foot, it includes an extra large quick release plate with a spring locating pin for any spotting scope to be mounted to.
Perfect for most birdwatchers with an angled spotting scope, this tripod extends to 155cm, or 122cm with the central column down, but folds to 58cm when you need to travel.
The 4-section, 26mm diameter legs incorporate silent twist leg locks that won't startle any wildlife when you are setting up. They are also designed to be easy to clean, allowing you to maximise the life of your tripod.
For added stability, there is a retractable hook to attach additional weight, and the rubber feet come off to allow the spiked feet provided to be attached.
For observing or photography from a low angle, the tripod comes with three easy-set leg angles (20°, 50° and 80°) and a low angle adaptor. Alternatively, simply reverse the central column and you're ready to go.
On the side of the central canopy spider are two 3/8" threads for tripod support arms, allowing you to attach the accessories of your choice. These threads include bayonet slots on either side that ensure maximum stability on tripod support arms with that feature, such as the VEO TSA DLX which has a reversible plate for bayonet/non-bayonet fittings.
If you don't need the full tripod, then simply remove a leg, attach it to the central column and you have a monopod that extends to 158cm.
Manufactured with CNC technology using aircraft grade aluminium for load bearing parts ensures outstanding quality, and for maintenance, the easy clean twist locks can be fully unscrewed, allowing you to clean the leg locks after use for maximum longevity.
This combination of head and legs delivers the perfect base for observation or digiscoping (for example with a VEO PA-65 Universal Digiscope Adaptor). So if you're looking for a solid tripod for your spotting scope, check out the VEO 3 spotting scope tripod.
The VEO 3 264AO is a portable aluminium tripod that is designed for birdwatchers or nature lovers, delivering a solid base for their spotting scopes. The included VEO PH-28 2-way pan head has all the control in a single telescopic handle allowing maximum control in following wildlife, either on the move or stationary.
- VEO PH-28 Arca compatible 2-way pan head
- Locking mechanism in handle leaving second hand free to adjust focus/zoom
- 4-section 26mm diameter aluminium legs
- Weighs 2.3kg with an 8kg load capacity
- Extends to 155cm and folds to 58cm
- Noise-free and easy clean twist lock leg adjustments
- Tripod leg converts to a monopod in 3 easy steps
- Two 3/8” threads with bayonet fittings for attaching tripod support arms such as VEO TSA DLX
- Low-angle adapter and 3 easy-set leg angles for macro/low-angle photography, or simply reverse the centre column
- Rubber/spiked feet
Also available in carbon, or in taller 3-section versions that fold to 71cm.
Perfect for digiscoping with the VEO PA-65 Universal Disgiscope Adaptor (not included)
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!