Vanguard Alta Sky 68 Backpack
Alta Sky 68 Backpack for up to 800mm lens and additional lenses.
The ALTA SKY 68 is the ultimate gear-carrying and working backpack, specifically designed to carry a super telephoto lens up to an 800mm (f/5.6), attached to a Pro DSLR or full frame Mirrorless body, along with up to 7 additional lenses (or personal kit) and a 16" laptop.
The ALTA SKY 68 is a new style backpack for photographers who are planning a longer trek where they need their large telephoto lens to get closer to that elusive subject, but want the versatility to be able to change lenses to take advantage of photo opportunities as they come along, whether it be a spectacular landscape or a stunning macro opportunity.
Until now, the choice has been to carry their telephoto lens and leave the rest of the kit at home (such as in an Alta Sky 66), or to take a wider bag that can take the additional lenses, but means that the body needs to be detached from the telephoto lens in transit, and setup on site.
The Alta Sky 68 gets around this with two separate sections in the main compartment.
One half of the main compartment is designed to fit a Pro DSLR or Mirrorless body attached to a 600mm (f/4.0) lens, or even some 800mm (f/5.6) lenses. An adjustable thick, sturdy and well-padded cradle supports the camera body from below and secures the large lens in position, while making sure it is well protected all around the delicate connection point.
The other half of the main compartment is designed to hold up to 7 additional lenses, or it can be customised to carry the personal kit you need for a longer trek.
A full front opening flap ensures easy top access to the camera/telephoto lens, and the top half of the compartment with the additional lenses, while the lower half of each compartment can be accessed from the back. The rear access also includes a pouch for a 16" laptop.
The interior is a light, bright orange that allows you to clearly see the contents of the bag, even in low light conditions. Or in the event of an emergency on your terk, can help you attract attention by making you more visible.
A full sized tripod can be carried centrally for optimal balance, using the tripod foot pocket and adjustable straps to hold it tightly for maximum comfort on the move. Alternatively a tripod or monopod can be carried in the expanding side pocket, or it can be used to carry a water bottle.
Organize all other gear and personal essentials such as an 11" tablet, memory cards, cables, batteries, charger and smartphone, exactly where you need them
Designed to carry the heaviest loads for extended periods of time, we set the bar for comfortable carrying at a new high. Our advanced ergonomic back and harness system is fully adjustable and features a well-padded breathable 3D back, uniquely shaped easy height adjusting shoulder straps that perfectly contour to your back and torso, adjustable sternum strap and well-padded supporting waist belt. All these join together to promise a ‘never-tire’ user experience!
For shorter trips, there is also a detachable shoulder strap on the side that allows you to choose the best way to carry it.
The Alta Sky 68 enjoys additional encompassing protection features, such as our second-to-none quality, materials and bag construction, and our grab-and-go sturdy carrying handle that also comes in handy when retrieving the backpack from the car boot, as well as a our total coverage rain cover.
- Ultimate versatility - 100% gear to 100% personal and anywhere in between
- ‘Never-tire’ carrying experience - ergonomic Air System back, harness & waist belt
- Multi-access quick-action – top front access and lower rear access
- Safety first - double security buckles
- No fumbling - bright colored interior makes finding things easy
- Well organized – numerous dedicated pockets, organizers and connectors for all essentials
- Stay hydrated - large water bottle side pockets
- Keep rocking - headset port to extend cable from internal smartphone pocket
- Business oriented - holds a 16” tablet and 11" tablet
- Stay steady - optimal balance full sized tripod carrying system
- Keep dry - total coverage rain cover
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.