Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens Nikon F
With a popular focal range the versatile Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 telephoto lens for Nikon F-mount is characterised by high quality optics and corresponding pro level image results.
- Built for high resolution
- 5-stops of image stabilisation
- Manual focus override for fine-tuning
- 'SP' line premium build quality
Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Telephoto Lens - Nikon Fit Summary
This new full-frame telephoto zoom lens is designed for 35mm full-frame DSLR camera s and boasts a substantially enhanced set of features compared to its predecessor. With redesigned optics, mechanisms, and electronics, this new 70-200mm f/2.8 telephoto zoom lens benefits from enhanced autofocus speed and precision, alongside image stabilisation up to 5-stops, moisture and dust resistance, and a new Fluorine Coating for added protection.
|Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Telephoto Lens Features in Detail|
Outstanding image Quality
Tamron's latest 70-200mm f/2.8 lens is built for the latest high-resolution DSLR camera s, capable of handling that resolution and contrast resolution of current and future camera s. Additionally, the quality of the bokeh has been greatly improved across the zoom range thanks to a circular 9-bladed diaphragm.
With 23 lens elements in 17 groups and optimum use of XLD (extraa low dispersion) and LD (low dispersion) glass, chromatic aberration is virtually eliminated across the entire zoom range, giving uniform, high quality images right the way to the edge.
The 5-stops of image stabilisation in the 70-200mm f/2.8 Mark II comes in the form of Tamron's own VC (Vibration Compensation), using a moving coil mechanism to offer the highest level of image stabilisation in its class, according to the CIPA standard.
With three modes available, standard mode, panning mode, and a mode for ensuring images are stabilised but forgoing the stabilisation in the viewfinder, photographers can be assured of high quality images in a wider range of situations than ever.
autofocus Speed, Responsiveness & Distance
An Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) ring-type ultrasonic motor ensures outstanding responsiveness and control through the high-speed focusing on this lens. Both speed and accuracy have been improved thanks to two high-performance micro-computers and improved algorithms.
autofocus can also now be overridden with the full-time manual focus ring, which allows for fine focusing adjustiments without having to switch between AF/MF modes.
Additionally, the minimum focusing distance has been improved from 1.3m in the previous model to only 0.95m in this latest model.
Coatings & Protection
Featuring Tamron's exclusive eBAND coating (Extended Bandwidth & Angular Dependency) that combines a nano-structured layer with extremely low refractive index with conventional multiple-layer coatings, this lens benefits from superior anti-reflective performance that reduces flare and ghosting.
A Fluorine coating on the front lens surface ensures that it's easy to wipe clean while being water and oil resistant.
Additionally, the 70-200mm f/2.8 Mark II is great for outdoor use, boasting a moisture-resistant construction and sealants that are dust-resistant on every joint and seam.
Not only does this lens feature an electromagnetic diaphragm, that was previously only standard on Canon-mount lenses, but is now standard on Nikon-mount lenses too for more precise diaphragm and aperture control, but it's also compatible with Tamron's TAP-in Console which provides a USB connection to your computer for easily updating firmware and customisable features.
In their SP line-up of lenses, Tamron established rigorous design and quality standards, which have been maintained through to this lens, ensuring the optical & mechanical design and cosmetic appearance are refreshed, improved and a new look has been adopted, all of which maximise optical performance while maintaining Tamron's quality standards.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 194|
|Weight (g): 1500|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 70 - 200 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 200|
|Maximum magnification: 0.16|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.95|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: eBAND and fluorine coatings; XLD, LD elements|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Mark II Tamron 70-200 offers improvements from the previous version including 5-stops of image stabilisation, dust & moisture resistant and protective coatings and an overhaul that enhances the autofocus speed and accuracy.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.