- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E
The Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E mount full-frame users offers a bright constant aperture with an ultra wide to standard zoom range, which is ideal for photography, video and vlogging.
Earn 879 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Extremely compact and lightweight ultra wide angle to standard zoom lens with versatile capabilities for stills and video
- Fast and silent AF technology which is fully compatible with Sony subject detection and tracking
- High quality optical design with special lens elements renders sharp results with excellent detail for photos and videos
- 9-bladed diaphragm combines with the fast f/2.8 aperture for excellent low light and shallow depth of field
- New lens design with robust build quality, perfect for outdoor shooting even during light rain or dusty conditions
Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Summary
This wide to standard Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E offers full-frame (FE) Sony camera users an ultra-wide to standard zoom range, which is ideal for photography, video and vlogging. The lightweight and compact zoom lens can be handheld all day as it weighs just 365g, yet is capable of delivering beautiful images across the entire zoom range.
A wide f/2.8 maximum aperture is constant throughout, while the lens focuses as close as just 0.17m, which is perfect to fill the frame with your subject, whether creating videos, vlogging close to your camera or shooting stills. The lens is also fast to focus thanks to Tamron’s high-level AF VXD linear motor, which is virtually silent for video capture and full compatible with Sony AF detection technologies.
Key Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens Features
- Ultra wide to standard zoom lens with fixed f/2.8 aperture throughout the range
- High quality optical design renders sharp images and video
- Lightweight design weighing 365g
- Fast and accurate linear Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive (VXD)
- Compatible with Sony Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF
- Capture ultra wide macro images from 17cm with maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8 at the wide end
- Faster zooming with 65º zoom ring rotation arc
- Updated lens design with improved texture and scratch resistance
- Compact and uniform 67mm filter size, similar to other Tamron lenses for Sony E
- Moisture resistant construction and Fluorine coating
Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Mount in More Detail
This latest 20-40mm lens arrives hot on the heels of the 50-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III VC VXD Lens, also for Sony full-frame camera users. This means you can cover ultra-wide to telephoto ranges with just two extremely capable Tamron lenses.
Bright maximum aperture in a compact zoom
The 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens delivers a fast, wide maximum f/2.8 aperture across the entire zoom range from 20mm to 40mm. It achieves this with a class-leading compact and lightweight design, which measures 86.5mm and weighs 365g.
At the 40mm end you can enjoy a natural perspective with a standard range, which is perfect for everyday shooting of anything from portraits and food photos to street photography and everyday snaps.
At the 20mm ultra wide end of the zoom, the focal length allows you to enjoy diverse subjects including landscapes, astro and cityscapes, capturing more in the frame than a classic 24mm wide angle lens.
Fabulous videos, vlogs and other content
The compact and lightweight 20-40mm f/2.8 lens delivers excellent handling which is well balanced even when accessories like camera grips or gimbal stabilisers are attached. With this one lens, you won't miss a shot, whether shooting street videography or vast landscapes during travel, as well as selfies that include expansive backgrounds.
High image quality
The Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E mount has an optical design with 12 elements arranged in 11 groups. These include four LD (Low Dispersion), two GM (Glass Moulded Aspherical) and one Hybrid Aspherical lens element. This generous arrangement of special lens elements strikes a balance between high image quality and the compact size. Another feature is the beautifully soft defocus blur effects and circular bokeh that are unique to the fast f/2.8 aperture from the 9 circular diaphragm blades, which remain circular for around 2-stops from f/2.8.
Fast and accurate VXD linear motor
Tamron’s highly accomplished VXD linear motor focus mechanism delivers high-speed, high-precision AF which enables the lens to respond with quick focusing, from near to infinite. The lens provides excellent focus tracking with moving objects so that you never miss those important moments and the AF mechanism is extremely quiet, perfectly suited for both stills and video in conditions that warrant silent operation.
What’s in the box
- Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Mount
- Flower-shaped hood
- Lens caps
Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens Sample photos
Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Mount Specifications
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Angle of View (diagonal): 94° 30'-56° 49’ on full-frame mirrorless format
- Optical Construction: 12 elements in 11 groups
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Minimum Object Distance: 0.17m (WIDE), 0.29m (TELE)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:3.8 (WIDE) / 1:5.1 (TELE)
- Filter Size: φ67mm
- Maximum Diameter: φ74.4mm
- Length approx: 86.5mm
- Weight: 365g
- Aperture Blades: 9 circular diaphragm for 2-stops from maximum
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
|Offers: Prize draw|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 74|
|Length (mm): 86|
|Weight (g): 365|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 20 - 40 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 40|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 20|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.17|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Four LD (low dispersion) elements, two GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) elements and one Hybrid Aspherical element.|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The 20-40mm f/2.8 lens is another innovative zoom lens design from Tamron, which reinvents standard zoom focal lengths. At the ultra wide end of the zoom you can capture extremely dynamic compositions of landscapes, architecture, interiors and city shots to name a few. The minimum object distance also enables you to capture frame-filling wide angle macro shots with a high magnification ratio. At the 40mm end of the range, the image is extremely well controlled with minimal distortion and a natural field of view, which is perfect for street photography, portraits and day to day snap shots.
Image quality is high thanks to Tamron’s mirrorless lens formula, which is consistent with existing options in their range. Several special lenses reduce aberrations and render high levels of sharp details throughout the zoom range. Despite this versatile range, the lens offers a constant f/2.8 aperture, which is ideal when handholding in low light and for vlogging or video applications.
Focusing is fast and precise as all of Tamron’s offerings with their VXD linear motor focus technology, supporting Sony’s AF system perfectly with subject detection and tracking across the frame. Whichever styles of photography you enjoy from epic landscapes to close-ups and portraits, the 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD lens performs extremely and is sure to become a firm favourite with vloggers and creators.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.