Tamron 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD Lens Canon EF
The Tamron 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD for Canon is a compact and portable super telephoto zoom lens featuring precise AF and low dispersion lens element for high quality results throughout the range.
- Lightest weight in class at only 1,115g
- Perfect zoom lens for birding & wildlife photography
- Fast & precise zoom with Vibration Compensation
- eBAND coating for reducing chromatic aberration
- Optional Arca-Swiss compatible tripod mount
Tamron 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens - Canon Fit
Tamron have announced that they have a new lens in development a 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD telephoto zoom lens (Model A035). This focal length is probably the most popular focal length for wildlife photographers, bird photographers and nature photographers, as well as sports photographers.
Tamron's new lens will feature an advanced optical design with three Low Dispersion (LD) lens elements that help to reduce chromatic aberration, and Tamron's eBAND coating that reduces reflections on the lens elements.
Weighing in at a feather-weight 1,115g, Tamron's 100-400mm lens will be the lightest in its class of 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 lenses for full-frame digital SLR camera s, thanks to its magnesium construction in key areas to reduce the weight throughout, as well as strengthen the lens and make it comfortably portable.
Tamron's Model A035 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 telephoto zoom lens features their Vibration Compensation (VC) image stabilisation system and offers fast and precise autofocus performance thanks to the high-speed Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit).
This new lens will be fully compatible with Tamron's 1.4x teleConverter, making it a sure favourite for wildlife and bird photographers looking for that extra reach. It will also be compatible with Tamron's TAP-in ConsoleTM which enables lens customisations for focal adjustments, Vibration Compensation adjustments and more. Not only that, but there will also be an optional Arca Swiss compatible tripod mount available separately.
Tamron 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Key Features:
- 3 Low Dispersion (LD) lens elements that effectively compensate for axial chromatic aberrations
- Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency (eBAND) coating has superior anti-reflection performance to eliminate flare and ghosting
- High-Speed Dual MPU (Micro-processing Unit) control system delivers quick and highly responsive autofocus performance and outstanding vibration compensation
- Lightest weight in the ultra-telephoto zoom lens category at only 1,115g
- Optional accessory tripod mount is Arca-Swiss compatible
- Minimum object distance is 1.5m and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.6
- Moisture resistant construction and fluorine coating for enhanced weather protection
Fully compatible with tele Converters and Canon lens Tamron TAP-in Console
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 86|
|Length (mm): 199|
|Weight (g): 1135|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 100 - 400 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 400|
|Maximum magnification: 0.28|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 100|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.5|
|Minimum aperture (number): 45|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three LD elements + eBAND coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
As any birder, wildlife, or nature photographer will know, the 100-400mm focal length is a sweet spot for a lot of nature-based photographic pursuits, which makes this lens from Tamron an exciting announcement.
Being able to use their 1.4x teleConverter with this new 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 zoom lens will give photographers the extra reach to up to 560mm when they need it, without carrying an extra lens.
This new Tamron lens looks like it will be a popular one with Vibration Compensation and weighing only 1,115g, and if Tamron's recent lenses are anything to go by, the optics will be absolutely superb.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.