Sony PXW-FS7 II Pro-Cam Professional Camcorder
Sony PXW FS7 II Pro-Cam Professional Camcorder Summary
The Sony PXW-FS7 II marks a notable improvement over its predecessor, the FS7, dramatically improving the shooting experience of Sony's ultimate documentary and long-form camcorder.
The Sony FS7 II is one of the world's most versatile Super 35mm camcorders featuring a host of improvements and enhancements including the all-new Lever Lock type E-mount lens mounting system, and a world-leading Electronic Auto Variable Neutral Density system. This professional camcorder will transform the possibilities of what you can do, whether you're shooting handheld or the camera is attached to a gimbal, a drone or shoulder-mounted.
|Sony PXW FS7 II Pro-Cam Professional Camcorder Features in Detail|
Electronic Auto Variable ND
Working with the camera's large sensor, the new Electronic Variable ND filter system provides even greater control over exposure and even includes the option of present or variable operation modes. The variable ND mode lets you transition seamlessly between steps by varying the density of the ND filter during shooting and maintains the desired shutter speed. Preset mode is useful in selecting the most appropriate filtration range in changing conditions by assigning three ND settings to the filter turret.
This system can compensate for exposure fluctuation in iris control while adjusting the depth of field, enabling a consistent bokeh and prevents soft focus and colour shift.
E-mount (level lock type) mount for professional shooting
The FS7 II features a revised lever lock type E-mount lens mount meaning users can now change lenses by rotating the locking collar rather than rotating the lens itself. This new mount means that in most cases lens support rings don't need to be removed, which saves time during production.
Designed for the demanding applications of the professional environment, the new E-mount will fit any existing E-mount lens on the market and can even use other lenses with an adapter.
Perfect for Longform Handheld Recording
The new E-mount lever lock design and Sony's world-leading variable ND filter technology for smooth fine-tuning of depth of field, alongside a host of ergonomic refinements mean the FS7 II is considerably more comfortable to shoot with, designed to be used for hour after hour.
With new features including Sony's remarkable Smart Grip, a highly adjustable control centre on a pivoting and telescopic arm to control zoom, start/stop recording and a range of assign controls, an ergonomic Telescopic Arm mount to find the perfect fit of the camera to your personal physique, and an improved viewfinder with independent clamps for an easily adjustable position by hand, even while shooting.
Uncompromising Image Quality
Recording 4K and HD movies with Sony's high performance Super 35mm 11.6MP EXMOOR sensor, as well as 4K/QFHD at 60p/50p in the BT2020 colour space, this camcorder will also deliver delightful slow motion pictures thanks to the 180fps ability in Full HD, giving 7.5x slow motion at cinematic 24fps.
The sensor will deliver 14 stops of exposure latitude for powerful grayscale rendition without crushing detail in the shadows or blown out highlights. And the ISO sensitivity up to ISO 2000 will enable you to shoot well after sunset.
Rugged Build Quality
Matching the same demanding standards as the FS&, the FS7 II is built for real-world shooting with a magnesium frame, high rigidity and light weight design. The buttons, dials and other parts are sealed to prevent dust and water spray getting into the camera.
High speed 4K cameras are known to produce plenty of head, so the Sony FS7 II has specially developed heat pipes that draw the heat away from the electronics onto a remote heat sink, which is then cooled by an air duct.
Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe
The FS7 II utilises Sony's flexible Multi-Interface shoe to provide power, signal connections and coordinated on/off switching to compatible Sony accessories such as the UWP-D11 or UWP-D12 or attach the HVL-LBPC light.
Support for 4-channel Audio Input and Recording
The FS7 II supports 4-channel audio input and, in applications such as interview, this function enables the simultaneous use of an external microphone for recording ambient sounds, the built-in microphone for voice memos by the operator, and two optional UWP Series wireless microphones for voice of interviewer and interviewee. In addition, using an optional XLR adapter XLR-K2?M or ?XLR-K1M with two extra XLR inputs even more devices can be connected. And with FS7 II, the control cover now folds down flat to lessen risk of accidental damage.
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.