Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens
The image stabilised Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS is an award winning lens providing unparalleled sharpness with true 1:1 magnification capabilities for close-up and telephoto subjects.
- Compatibility with all Sony E-mount cameras (APS-C and full frame sensors).
- Focus hold button is convenient for quick on lens focus holding.
- Low light performance is strong.
- Bokeh, bokeh and more bokeh
The Sony SEL90M28G is the first Sony E-mount lens of its kind. This telephoto macro uses built-in image stabilisation combined with Sony's own G-lens technology to give your E-mount compatible body the ablity to shoot close to the subject, whilst delivering high resolution images with beautiful bokeh.
SONY FE 90MM F/2.8 MACRO G OSS LENS SPECIFICATIONS
Renowned G lens background bokeh
Beautiful background bokeh is synonymous with the G Lens name, and it can really make the subject stand out. Individual calibration of each lens ensures optimum compensation for spherical aberration, resulting in smooth rendering of edges without a trace of ugly “nisen bokeh.” A nine-blade circular aperture also contributes to great looking bokeh.
Image-wide clarity from macro to infinity
Macro lenses are often used over a wide range of focusing distances, so a floating focus mechanism has been implemented for optimum suppression of close-focus aberration. The floating system reduces the size of the lens while maintaining outstanding clarity throughout the image area, from infinity to the closest focusing distance.
Precise, quiet focus for stills and movies
Two focus groups in a floating focus configuration are driven by an innovative DDSSM (Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) system for smooth, precise positioning of the relatively heavy lenses that make full frame macro magnification possible. This system is remarkably quiet, and is ideal for animal or insect photography as well as movies.
Sharp and clear without a tripod
Although a tripod is usually considered necessary for sharp macro photography, built-in OSS (Optical SteadyShot) image stabilisation makes it possible to shoot sharp macro images handheld. The heavy stabilisation lens is driven by a responsive linear motor for fast, precise stabilisation.
Fast auto/manual focus switching
If you have to remove your eye from the viewfinder to switch between auto and manual focus you’re likely to lose the shot. With this lens the focus ring, where your hand normally rests while shooting, simply slides back and forth to switch between manual and auto focus. A non-slip surface ensures reliable operation.
Focus lock where you need it most
Pressing the focus hold button conveniently located on the lens barrel instantly locks focus at the current setting and keeps it there until the button is released. The focus hold button can be used to lock focus even when shooting in the continuous AF mode.
Select your focus range for faster AF
The Focus Range Limiter selector can be set for near and/or far focusing, depending on the subject, limiting focusing range and thereby maximising autofocus speed. Selections are ∞ ~ 0.5 meters for distant focusing, 0.5 ~ 0.28 meters for close focusing, and FULL for full-range focusing.
Inner focus for better handling
In an inner focus design only internal lens elements move when focusing so the total length of the lens does not change. In addition to making handling easier, that means faster autofocus and shorter minimum focusing distance. The filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is an advantage when using a polarising filter.
Reliable and easy in any conditions
Reliable operation in a variety of conditions is ensured by a design that prevents dust and moisture from entering the lens.
Get close while keeping your distance
The medium telephoto focal length of this lens gives it an ideal working distance at macro magnifications, making it easier to capture impressive macro images of insects and other subjects that cannot be approached too closely.
Great for movies as well as stills
Lens requirements for moviemaking are more demanding than for stills in some ways. Sony goes the extra mile to ensure that lenses that will be used with movie-capable cameras will deliver the necessary performance. Minimal focus breathing and quiet operation, for example, are essential for movie shooting.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 79|
|Length (mm): 131|
|Weight (g): 602|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 90 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 90|
|Maximum magnification: 0.92|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 90|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.28|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Combining the Sony FE Series 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS Lens with one of Sony's full frame sensor bodies will deliver stunning close ups of whatever it is you are shooting. The on-boa[rd stabilisation contains some very advanced technology to detect camera movement, thus minimising blurring issues and the f/2.8 aperture is perfect for low-light close-up photography. It is a lens for the niche requirement, but its output speaks for itself.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.