Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Zeiss Planar T* Lens
The Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Zeiss Planar T* lens is loved for its fast bright aperture, legendary T* anti reflective coating and high quality results for both stills photography and videography.
- Great for low-light photography with its fast aperture of f/1.4
- High end 50mm lens ideal for professionals or advanced amateurs
- Top notch Zeiss T* coating
Sony Planar T* FE 50mm F/1.4 ZA Zeiss Lens Summary
- Zeiss 50mm F/1.4 standard prime lens
- T* Coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- 11-blade circular aperture
- Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) - silent and fast autofocus.
- Physical aperture ring
- Dust and moisture resistant
- 72mm filter diameter
- Minimum focus distance of 0.45m
- Compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Sony Planar T* FE 50mm F/1.4 ZA Zeiss Lens Full Details
Breathtaking resolution and contrast
Two aspherical elements, including one AA (advanced aspherical) element, plus ED glass elements maintain high resolution and contrast at all apertures, from corner to corner
F/1.4 for versatility and beautiful bokeh
F/1.4 and an 11-blade circular aperture can create images with beautiful bokeh, while also making it possible to shoot at high shutter speeds in low light.
Autofocus that supports high resolution
A ring drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) system positions the lens’s heavy focus group with speed and precision, bringing out the best in high-resolution camera bodies.
Convenient fingertip control
A physical aperture ring allows intuitive aperture control. An aperture click switch makes it possible to enable or disable the aperture ring click stops as required. Moviemakers will want the clicks OFF, while photographers often prefer tactile click feedback. There’s also a focus mode switch for convenient manual/auto focus selection.
Legendary ZEISS quality manufactured and calibrated specifically for Sony imaging products. The T* coating contributes to exquisite rendering and contrast.
Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Zeiss Planar T* Lens Specifications
MOUNT: Sony E-mount
FORMAT: 35mm full frame
FOCAL-LENGTH (MM): 50 mm
35MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL-LENGTH (APS-C): 75 mm
LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 9 / 12
ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 47°
ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 32°2
MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 1.4
MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 16
APERTURE BLADES: 11
CIRCULAR APERTURE: Yes
MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.45 m (1.48 ft)
MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.15 x
FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 72 mm
IMAGE STABILISATION (STEADYSHOT): - (body-integrated)
COMPENSATION EFFECT: - (supported on body)
HOOD TYPE: Petal shape, bayonet type
DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 83.5 x 108 mm (3-3/8 x 4-3/8 in.)
WEIGHT: 778 g (27.5 oz.)
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 84|
|Length (mm): 108|
|Weight (g): 778|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: 0.15|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.45|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 aspherical + 1 ED element + Zeiss T* coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.