Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens
Offering outstanding image quality even at its maximum f/1.8 aperture, this compact 35mm prime lens is a versatile choice for everything. Fast, precise, quiet AF operation and tracking make it ideal for shooting videos as well as stills.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 7240577C
Earn 549 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens Summary
- 35mm focal length (52.4mm equivalent on APS-C bodies) makes for a great all around lens
- Large aperture at f/1.8
- Fast, precise, quiet autofocus
- 8 blade circular aperture
- Dust and moisture resistant
- Filter diameter of 55mm
- Weighs just 280g
Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens in Detail
Full frame, fast, small, and lightweight
Although this fast f/1.8 lens weighs a mere 280g and is just 65.6mm x 73mm in size, it offers outstanding image quality that makes it a great all-around choice for photography and moviemaking. It is a full-frame lens, but balances well with APS-C bodies, providing an equivalent focal length of 52.5mm that is ideal for portraits and snapshots.
High corner-to-corner resolution
An aspherical element is strategically implemented in this lens's advanced design to suppress optical aberration and achieve high resolution right out to the image periphery. Smooth bokeh is also available when needed, supported by a 9-blade circular aperture mechanism that contributes to natural looking bokeh.
Reliable AF tracking for any situation
The narrow depth of field available at a wide f/1.8 aperture makes focus critical. The quiet, fast response and high precision of this lens's linear-motor AF drive system ensure precise focus not only for stills, but also for movies where “wobbling" is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
Move in for impressive close-ups
A 0.22m minimum focus distance and 0.24x maximum magnification make this lens useful for closeups as well as general photography and moviemaking. High optical performance is maintained at close range, providing the quality needed to create stunning images of tabletop subjects, flowers, and more.
Customisable focus hold button
A conveniently placed focus hold button not only offers easy focus hold control, but can be assigned to a variety of other functions from a menu accessed via the camera body. The focus hold button can be assigned to display grid lines to aid composition, to adjust white balance, and other functions that support efficient, versatile shooting.
Easy manual/auto focus switching
A focus mode switch that allows instant switching between auto and manual focus modes can be a great advantage when shooting subjects or situations that require fine manual focus adjustiment.
Natural, linear manual focus response
Linear Response MF ensures that the focus ring responds directly and lnearly to subtle control when focusing manually. Focus ring rotation translates directly to a corresponding change in focus, so control feels immediate and precise.
Dust and moisture resistant design
A dust and moisture resistant design provides the reliability needed for outdoor use in challenging conditions.
SONY FE 35MM F/1.8 LENS SPECIFICATIONS
Prime 35mm full frame
f/1.8 - f/22
Lens Groups / Elements
Minimum Focus Distance
Angle Of View (35mm)
65.6 x 73 mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
- The Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 is a very compact and easy to carry around
- Advanced optics produce sharp, well controlled images
- AF is extremely fast and accurate ideal for street photography and portraits
- The wide to standard focal width provides a classic versatile lens for all types of genres
- Extremely well controlled distortion delivers pleasing and accurate results
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.