Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
Sony 24mm f/1.4 G Master full frame wide angle lens, bright f/1.4 aperture and high resolving power in a lightweight, portable prime
- Conmpact, lightweight design
- G Master quality optics and coatings
- Stunning corner to corner resolution
- Aperture ring click; can be turned off for video
Sony 24mm lens F/1.4 FE Gmaster
Stunning F1.4 resolution in a mobile prime lens
Unsparing application of leading-edge technology achieves refined G Master performance with consistently high resolution and soft, natural bokeh even at the widest F1.4 aperture setting. The lens is both compact and the lightest in its class, maximizing the E-mount portability advantage. It also offers fast, precise AF drive, plus top-level control and reliability that make it an outstanding choice for professionals.
Excellent corner-to-corner resolution
Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, one used for the front element, effectively compensate for coma, field curvature, and astigmatism that can be problems with wide-angle large-aperture optics, providing excellent corner-to-corner resolution even when shooting wide open at F1.4.
ED glass elements control color aberration
Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements are carefully incorporated in the optical path of the lens to minimize axial and lateral chromatic aberration, maintaining optimum sharpness throughout the image.
State-of-the-art optical design faithfully reproduces point sources
State-of-the-art optical design incorporating two precision XA elements suppresses sagittal flare, a common aberration in large-aperture lenses. Sagittal flare is a phenomenon that results in an unnatural spreading of point light sources that looks a little like a bird spreading its wings, and becomes more pronounced toward the image periphery. Natural reproduction of point sources is particularly important for scenes that include stars or city lights at night, for example. (1. A star shot with the FE 24mm F1.4 GM shows no sign of sagittal flare. 2. Pronounced sagittal flare on a star shot with a conventional 24-mm f1.4 lens.)
Nano AR Coating enhances flare resistance
Sony's original Nano AR Coating technology provides an effective solution, suppressing internal reflections that can lead to flare and ghosting so that optimum contrast and clarity are achieved in the widest possible range of shooting conditions. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2. Glass / 3. Transmitted light)
Compact and lightweight design
A new optical design that reduces the overall lens diameter by employing two XA elements (one for the front lens) combines with a newly developed DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive system to achieve a remarkably light total weight of just 15.7 oz (445 g). The reduced size and weight of this lens makes it an ideal match for compact E-mount bodies.
11 blades enhance bokeh beauty
The aperture mechanism of the lens features 11 blades, the most used in any lenses, and a circular design that maintains an almost perfectly circular aperture even when the lens is stopped down by up to 1 or 2 stops so that beautiful, round bokeh is easy to achieve. This contributes to soft, smooth background bokeh that really makes the subject stand out.
High-power DDSSM redesigned and optimized for the lens
A redesigned high-power DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive system contributes to reduced size and weight while delivering approximately three times greater thrust than the previous system. The increased power of the new DDSSM system provides faster, more precise, quieter autofocus drive capability, for outstanding performance when shooting stills and movies.
Easy de-click for movies
An aperture ring provides the type of immediacy and response that professionals need for both still photography and videography. A Click ON/OFF switch allows the aperture ring click stops to be engaged or disengaged as required. Engaging the click stops provides tactile feedback that can make it easier to gauge how much the ring has been adjusted by feel, and is therefore a good choice for still photography. When the click stops are disengaged the aperture ring moves smoothly and quietly, providing seamless, silent control for moviemaking.
Smooth, versatile operation
A focus hold button is customizable from body menu. The user can directly access a secondary function assigned to the focus hold button, such as "Grid Lines" to check composition when shooting landscapes, or "White Balance" to adjust white balance to match current lighting conditions or create a specific atmosphere.
High reliability in harsh conditions
The focus ring features a rubber material that makes control easy even in low temperatures, a lens hood lock button prevents unwanted detachment of the hood during transportation, and a dust and moisture resistant design enhances reliability for outdoor use.
Versatile fingertip focus control
A focus mode switch makes it possible to quickly select auto or manual focus to match changing shooting conditions.
Fluorine coated front element
A fluorine coating on the front element resists fingerprints, dust, water, oil, and mud, and allows easy cleaning if such contaminants do become attached to the lens surface.
Excellent response and fine linear focus control
The focus ring features Linear Response MF for fine, responsive manual focus control. Focus changes lnearly in response to focus ring rotation, giving the user the control immediacy needed for fast, accurate manual focusing
SONY 24MM LENS F/1.4 FE G MASTER Lens Specifications
Sony E-mount Wide Angle
f/1.4 - f/16
75.4 x 92.4 mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Sony 24mm is their smallest G Master lens to date, and not only does it handle beautifully, it also is robust and will work in the most challenging of conditions.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.