Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary - L-Mount
The Sigma 30mm Contemporary lens for L-Mount camera s employs two Aspherical Elements for high quality results at this standard focal width ideal for a range of subjects including street and portraits.
- Versatile standard focal width for a range of subjects from street photography to portraits
- Ultra bright aperture allows photographers and videographers to continue shooting in low light
- A nine blade rounded diaphragm delivers silky smooth, round bokeh when wide open
- Fast, near silent and accurate autofocus is ideal for video and photography
- High quality aspherical lens elements improve image quality across the frame
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Lens For Leica L Mount Summary
This prime Sigma lens has received uniform praise from other camera users so Leica photographers will be delighted that it has been released for L-mount crop sensor cameras. Providing an equivalent focal width of 45mm (in 35mm format) this model delivers a slightly wide standard focal width similar to that which the eye sees. This is ideal for any number of subjects including general purpose shooting, travel, street and portraits. The fast, bright aperture delivers excellent low light performance together with extremely fine depth of field. This makes for a strong portrait offering, particularly when combined with the nine bladed round aperture for buttery smooth bokeh.
Photographers and videographers who shoot in natural light will benefit from the super multi layer coating which delivers high contrast, well controlled flare and ghosting. The addition of a number of advanced optical elements also help to achieve natural colour with limited fringing. Quick autofocus is achieved through Sigma’s stepping motor which is virtually silent, which will also appeal to videographers. The 30mm Contemporary lens will also appeal to anyone who travels given its’ lightweight form of just 255g.
Sigma 30mm Contemporary Autofocus Lens for Leica More Detail
Optical Design: 9 Elements in 7 Groups. Two aspherical elements and A Super Multi-Layer Coating.
Minimum Focus Distance: 30 cm
Magnification: 0.14x at 50.7°
52mm Front filter thread size. 9 rounded diaphragm blades.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: L Mount Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Leica L-mount users will be delighted to have the popular 30mm f/1.4 DC DN prime lens as an option for their mirrorless systems. When considering any standard focal width lens the size and weight always play an important role and the Sigma delivers with its' compact size and minuscule weight at around 250g. Despite this tiny form factor the Sigma 30mm packs a punch thanks to optics which help reduce ghosting, flare and improve chromatic aberrations. Overall sharpness and colour rendition is well executed for both video and stills photography.
The near silent AF motor is quick to acquire and lock onto subjects which is aided by the extremely bright maximum aperture of f/1.4. This also makes handheld low light photography possible for any number of subjects from street to portraits or documentary. The rounded nine blade aperture will also please many shooters with beautiful soft out of focus areas and rounded bokeh. Finally and well worth a mention is the strong brass bayonet which ensures this lens will stay firmly attached to any L mount camera whatever the situation.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.