- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens Sony E Mount
The Sigma 28-70mm for full-frame Sony E Mount mirrorless has a constant f/2.8 aperture and packs extremely high quality optics into a compact 470g design with superb results throughout the zoom range.
Earn 729 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Compact and lightweight zoom lens with extremely high quality optics renders beautiful results
- Fast, constant aperture works well in low light and also isolates subjects beautifully when wide open
- A quick focus motor fully is compatible with Sony AF systems to catch and track any subject
- High quality construction with weather resistance and useful lens barrel features
- Versatile zoom range ideal for all types of subjects which is light enough to bring anywhere
Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens Summary
You really have to hand it to Sigma, they don’t do lenses by halves and the 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens is no exception. This latest standard focal width zoom lens is designed for full frame Sony E mount mirrorless cameras and it has a lot in common with top-end Art series lenses. The key difference with the 28-70mm f/2.8 Contemporary is that Sigma have balanced high performance with a significantly lighter, more portable design. This makes it perfect for photographers on the move shooting a variety of subjects from portraits and cityscapes, to landscapes or travel images. The 9-blade rounded constant f/2.8 aperture ensures plenty of light can be gathered at any focal length, whilst also rendering smooth, soft out of focus areas.
Features at a glance
- Fast stepping motor and full compatibility with Sony high speed autofocus systems
- Superb optics with 16 elements in 12 groups, including 2 FLD, 2 SLD and 3 aspherical elements
- Sharp, detailed results with minimal flare, ghosting or chromatic aberrations
- Nano Porous Coating, Super Multi-Layer Coating and water and oil repellent coating on the front element
- Dust and splash-proof design with a focus mode switch on the lens barrel
- High quality craftsmanship with typical Sigma attention to detail
Creativity and usability are central to Sigma’s design ethos and the 28-70mm f/2.8 provides users with a versatile short focus distance of just 19cm at 28mm, perfect for dramatic compositions and close-ups. The barrel also has full support for manual focus override for easy fine tuning when focusing on details. Optical lens-based corrections come as standard reducing the need for post processing to remove distortion or any other artefacts.
Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary in More Detail
Sigma has made the portability of this lens their primary design concern, using a lightweight but ultra strong polycarbonate called TSC (Thermal Stable Composite). This ensures continued durability even in the coldest temperatures whilst remaining as strong as aluminium and makes it one of the very lightest options in its class.
Lens rings offer users a precise action with a high-quality premium feel and provide useful lens barrel control including focus mode options.
A compact 67mm filter thread makes it cost effective to add lens filters such as polarisers and UV glass. These serve to improve images under certain conditions as well as protect the front element from damage (see below for Sigma filter options). The comparable 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens for Sony is substantially larger with an 82mm thread, but does of course bring other advantages to combat its’ weight.
A clever optical design captures desirable uniformly sharp images with corrected axial chromatic aberration and sagittal coma aberration. The use of Super Multi-Layer Coating and Nano Porous Coating reduces ghosting and controls flare in backlit conditions.
What’s in the box
- Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E Mount
- Petal-type lens hood LH706-01
- Sigma 67mm WR UV filter - weather resistant ultraviolet lens filter which also protects
- Sigma 67mm WR Circular Polariser - this weather resistant filter reduces glare and enhances blue skies
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
At 470g and around 10cm long the Sigma 28-70mm Contemporary lens is destined to accompany photographers on their adventures everywhere. The addition of dust and moisture resistance with several optical coatings also makes sure the weather won’t hamper any plans to head out to capture superb high quality images. The proprietary coatings which Sigma include combine with their advanced optics to create a lightweight zoom lens capable of rendering extremely finely detailed, sharp images across the frame and throughout the zoom range.
An internal focusing stepping motor keeps pace with Sony’s high speed Face, Eye and animal detect AF systems and also provides quick and accurate subject tracking. Sigma lenses give full support for focus options with DMF, AF and MF. For extra creative compositions the 28-70mm Contemporary lens has a close focus distance of just 19cm at the wide end, allowing photographers to get extremely close to their subject.
This model is well-built with a durable brass bayonet mount, as we have become accustomed to thanks to Sigma’s ‘Made in Japan’ manufacturing quality. The lightweight, user-friendly ergonomics and high quality results with full compatibility for Sony cameras makes this an extremely compelling choice for any level of photographer who likes to travel light with a versatile zoom.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.