Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Nikon F
The award winning Sigma 24mm HSM Art lens for Nikon F-mount is fully weather sealed and consistently delivers impeccable results for any wide angle subjects including landscapes and architecture.
SIGMA has a proven reputation for wide-angle lens design and manufacturing. Drawing on this experience and design know-how, refined through development of the SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM - Art and SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM - Art, we have successfully minimized sagittal coma flare, chromatic aberration, distortion and vignetting to achieve exceptional levels of optical performance with almost no aberration or distortion. This lens provides the best possible performance when photographing a variety of subjects from cityscapes, mountain ranges and the star-filled night sky that demands great rendering, to indoor photography with low illumination or scenes with a smooth bokeh effect. Enjoy the astonishing optical performance from the new "F1.4" series that has just joined the SIGMA's iconic Art line.
- Art line delivers high-level artistic expression.
- Highest optical performance in its class.
- Customization and flexible adjustiment for convenience or a specific purpose is possible.
- New product lines from SGV concepts that are setting new benchmarks for image quality.
Art line delivers high-level artistic expression
SIGMA is organising all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art, and Sports, where each line has a distinctive concept. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression. With the astonishing rendering performance that meets the high standard, along with landscapes, portraits still-life, close-up, and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. Ideal for studio photography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture and starry skies and many other scenes.
Highest optical performance in its class.
By minimising aberration using the latest design technology and know-how that has been accumulated from lens development over many years, this lens achieves astonishing rendering performance, even in the corners, with ultra-high resolution. Whilst featuring higher resolution around the focus point, the lens ensures a smooth and natural bokeh effect. Both high definition rendering without colour aberration and natural bokeh expression are possible, even from the maximum aperture.
Excellent correction of sagittal coma flare
Generally it is ideal for a lens to have a high rendering performance from the maximum aperture throughout the entire image. For instance, sagittal coma flare, where the point light sources do not gather at one point and leaves a tail, is a typical flare that occurs especially with wide-angle lenses. The SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art has an optimised power layout, positioning aspherical lens elements at the rear and adjusting the incidence angle of the light source, enabling high rendering performance even from the widest aperture. It is perfect for astronomical photography and shooting illuminations because of the reduced blur on the point light sources near the edge of the image.
Excellent correction of chromatic aberration
One of the elements required to achieve high rendering performance is the correction of chromatic aberration. Particularly, for axial chromatic aberration that is hard to correct even during image processing, the lens development stage was vital in ensuring minimised distortion. The SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art incorporates FLD ("F" Low Dispersion)* glass and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements to minimise chromatic aberration of magnification which is mainly visible around the edge of the image. Moreover the power layout ensures the correction of axial chromatic aberration. Without any colour blur, it achieves high image quality throughout the entire focusing range, thus achieving sharp and high contrast image rendering.
It is not possible to compensate for distortion that is often observed with wide-angle lenses just by changing the aperture value. Therefore, the lens development stage was vital in ensuring minimised distortion. The SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art adjusted the incidence angle of the light source from the surface of the first lens and positioned each aspherical glass element to optimise the power layout at respective positions. This has helped it succeed in minimising distortion throughout the entire image.
High peripheral brightness
For a lens with a large diameter, brightness in the peripheral areas tends to be consequently lower compared to the centre. By improving the efficiency at large apertures and minimising igniting, it secures very good brightness. Without considering the lack of light even at the open aperture, it ensures high contrast images for indoor photography, astronomical photography and when photographing blue sky.
Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
Flare and ghosting were thoroughly measured and monitored from the lens development stage to establish an optical design which is resistant to strong incidental light such as backlight. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high contrast images even in backlit conditions.
Customisation and flexible adjustment for convenience or a specific purpose is possible.
New Additional function added to SIGMA USB DOCK(optional)
With the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, you can update your lens firmware, adjust focus points and Customise the setting of Full-time MF function and the timing to operate the Full-time MF function. By attaching this lens to a SIGMA USB DOCK, which is connected to a computer, the dedicated software "SIGMA Optimization Pro" offers various types of Customisation and adjustment.
New product lines from SGV concepts that are setting new benchmarks for image quality.
With the new product lines, supplied hoods incorporate rubber for the connected part. Lens caps and AF/MF switches are also newly designed in order to improve usability. For the parts inside, metals and a new material called TSC (Thermally Stable Composite)*, which works well with metals, are located to achieve products with high accuracy. The lens barrel includes the year of release, engraved for users to recognise when the lens was released.
* TSC (Thermally Stable Composite) offers thermal expansion characteristics similar to those of aluminium. Parts made with TSC deform less, making possible lens construction of extremely high precision. As compared to polycarbonate containing 20% glass, a commonly used material, TSC offers approximately 70% higher elasticity. As compared to polycarbonate containing 30% glass, it offers 25% higher elasticity. (Comparison is between SIGMA-produced components.)
Evaluation with Sigma's own MTF measuring system
We used to measure lens performance with MTF measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we've now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system (A1) using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. The SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG HSM will all be checked using this before they are shipped.
Incorporating Rounded Diaphragm
The 9 blade-rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas of the image.
Hyper Sonic Motor ensures High AF Speed
The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures a silent, high-speed AF function. By optimising the AF algorithm, smoother AF is achieved. It incorporates a new full-time manual focusing mechanism that switches to manual focusing, simply by rotating the focus ring, even when AF is being used. This allows the photographer to make focus adjustments quickly and easily. With the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, you can also set it to conventional full-time manual focus override.
* Depending on the mount, initial operation of full-time manual focus differs
Brass made bayonet mount
This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability. A special treatment to reinforce its strength is applied to the surface giving it greater strength and making it highly resistant to long-term use.
Applicable for the Mount Conversion Service
As an experienced lens manufacturer that has been creating a diverse range of interchangeable lenses, we have started the innovative chargeable service Mount Conversion Service . With this service, the mount of your current SIGMA lenses can be changed to another mount of your choice. It gives a new life to your favourite lenses when you wish to use it on a different camera body.
Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Nikon F Specifications
Sigma 24mm F1.4 DG HSM (Nikon) Specifications
15 Elements in 11 Groups
Angle of View (for SD1)
Number of Diaphragm Blades
9 Blades (Rounded diaphragm)
Minimum Focusing Distance
25cm / 9.8in.
Diameter 85.0mm x Length 90.2mm / 3.3in. x 3.6in.
665g / 23.5oz.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 85|
|Length (mm): 90|
|Weight (g): 665|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 77 mm|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Nikon F (FX)|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 24|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/1.4|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: Ultrasonic|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: FLD and SLD elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.