- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E
The Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E full-frame delivers outstanding optical quality together with a range of advanced features which are ideal for astro photography, landscape, interiors and movies.
Earn 859 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- High quality ultra wide angle prime lens with fast, bright aperture and ‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship
- Includes advanced features for hybrid content creators who shoot stills and video whether inside or outdoors
- De-clickable aperture ring with lock switch and manual focus lock to fully disable the focus ring
- Beautiful results, with sharp details and very well controlled sagittal coma flare, which is essential for astro photography
- Front screw-in filter thread together with rear filter mount and customisable AFL button for individual workflows
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E Summary
This updated version of the Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E full-frame cameras weighs 635g, which is significantly lighter than the previous model. Despite this weight saving the ultra wide angle prime lens delivers outstanding optical quality together with newly adopted advanced features for pro-level users. These include a manual aperture ring with de-click and lock functionality, a front 82mm filter thread and rear filter holder. Sigma has although thoughtfully included a Lens Heater Retainer to hold a heat strip in position and a new Manual Focus Lock switch to fully deactivate the focus ring, both of which are ideal for astro, night and outdoor photography.
The optical design specifically for mirrorless cameras renders ultra-sharp results across the entire frame even when wide open at f/1.4. The bright aperture is perfect for night sky landscapes, as well as for handheld shooting during low-light or for shallow depth-of-field.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture well-suited to astrophotography, photo and video
- 635g weight for great portability
- Manual aperture ring with de-click and lock functionality
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- Front 82mm filter thread and rear filter holder
- New Manual Focus Lock (MFL) switch to fully deactivate the focus ring
- Customisable AFL button
- Lens Heater Retainer
- Extremely sharp results
- Well-suppressed aberrations including sagittal coma flare
- Stepping motor delivers fast, near-silent autofocus
- Compatible with Sony AF Assist high-speed autofocus
- Super Multi-Layer Coating, Nano Porous Coating and front element water and oil-repellent coating
- Mount with dust and splash-resistant structure
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E in More Detail
Superb optical performance
The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG DN | Art delivers highly refined results which satisfy the demands of professional photographers and filmmakers. The optical formula includes 17 elements arranged in 14 groups, with two SLD elements and three aspherical elements, one of which is the largest double-sided aspherical element ever produced for a Sigma lens. This advanced optical design suppresses a number of optical aberrations including sagittal coma flare and chromatic aberration, offering pin-sharp results across the frame, even wide-open at f/1.4.
Advanced functionality for any situation
An 82mm front filter thread is built-in despite the prime lens’ wide f/1.4 aperture and ultra-wide angle-of-view. There’s also a rear filter holder, proving an effective way of utilising multiple lens filters simultaneously, which is particularly useful for astrophotographers, who may want to attach a light pollution filter such as the NUANCES 82mm Clearsky Light Pollution Filter as well as a soft filter at the rear.
A manual aperture ring with lock switch is built in, which is de-clickable for smooth transition between aperture settings and useful for changing exposure seamlessly when shooting video. Sigma added a new Manual Focus Lock (MFL) switch which completely deactivates the focus ring, ensuring the focus position won’t change even if it is accidentally knocked.
A customisable AFL button is also included built into the lens, which can be customised to a range of different functions and film-makers will appreciate the fast yet near-silent autofocus stepping motor. Another new feature for astrophotographers is the Lens Heater Retainer, which is a pronounced lip around the front element to keep a heat strip firmly in place. Heat strips are commonly used to stop condensation forming on the elements when working at night.
Uncompromising build quality
The 20mm F1.4 DG DN for Sony E meets the exceptionally high standards we expect with a robust body made from a combination of aluminium and Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) gives a sleek finish and the focus ring has a well damped, smooth action. A lockable rubber gripped petal-shaped lens hood is included, which can be securely fastened to the lens without risk of it falling off. This ultra wide angle prime lens is also ideal for longer outdoor shoots thanks to a dust and splash-resistant structure, a water and oil-repellent coating on the front element and a rubber seal around the mount.
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 15 groups, with 2 FLD and 3 aspherical elements
- Internal focus system
- Stepping Motor
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction
- Support for DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating, Nano Porous Coating and Water- and oil-repellent coating
- Focus Mode Switch
- Lens Heater Retainer
- Aperture Ring
- Aperture Ring De-click Switch
- Aperture Ring Lock Switch
- AFL Button
- MFL Switch
- Rear filter holder
What’s in the box
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E
- Front Cap LCF-82 III
- Petal-type lens hood with lock LH878-04
- Rear Cap LCR II
- Filter Holder
- Guide Plate (GP-21)
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E Specifications
- Lens construction: 15 groups, 17 elements (2 FLD and 3 aspherical elements) Angle-of-view: 94.5°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 11 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Minimum focusing distance: 23cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.1
- Filter size: φ82mm
- Dimensions (max diameter x length): φ87.8mm x 111.2mm
- Weight: 635g
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
This professional ultra wide prime lens for full-frame Sony cameras joins the release of the 24mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens as two formidable wide to ultra wide angle options. This choice provides creators with the opportunity to collect impressively sharp optics for a range of subjects from landscape and architecture to interiors and astrophotography where the Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E really shines. It includes optics which render very well controlled optical aberrations, particularly sagittal coma flare, which is difficult to remove in post. The focus ring can be fully disabled to avoid accidentally knocking it and a Lens Heater Retainer has been included for outdoor shooters and night sky photographers.
Results are impressively sharp, which is noticeable across the frame and throughout the aperture range and videographers will also enjoy the ability to capture sharp details in high resolution. Sigma added an aperture ring to this model which includes a de-click feature for smooth transitions and the stepping motor is fast and quiet, suitable for stills and video. This latest optic from Sigma is sure to impress when you’re out in the field, whichever ultra wide subjects you enjoy capturing.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.