Samyang AF 12mm f/2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Lens Fujifilm X
Autofocus, crop sensor, compact, fast aperture, ultra wide-angle lens - Fuji X Mount
- Natural colours and a wider angle of view with Fujifilm cameras
- Excellent resolution in all areas of the image
- Compact size & lightweight with new design for Fujifilm X-Series cameras
- Bright F2.0 aperture creates impressive background blur and bokeh
Samyang AF 12mm f/2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Lens Fujifilm X Summary
Features at a glance
- Autofocus, crop sensor, compact, fast aperture, ultra wide-angle lens for Fujifilm X Mount
- Optimised and ideally matched to Fujifilm crop-sensor APS-C X Mount mirrorless cameras
- Offers the perfect solution for Landscape, Astrophotography and Interior shooting, with a fast F/2.0 maximum aperture and a 99.1° angle of view
Best choice for landscapes, astrophotography and interiors
Samyang’s manual-focus MF 12mm F2.0 has long been one of its bestsellers and it has now been redesigned with advanced autofocus technology for Fujifilm camera users! This new prime lens for Fujifilm is Samyang’s first autofocus lens to be compatible with the Fujifilm X mount and it performs optimally on Fujifilm mirrorless cameras (with X-Trans sensor).
- It's the perfect option for APS-C users who want an ultra-wide-angle AF lens.
- Perfectly matched to an APS-C camera and gimbal, since it's very compact and lightweight.
- Includes useful features as well as new modern design to meet photographers' needs.
Samyang AF 12mm f/2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Lens Fujifilm X in detail
Capture natural colours and a wider angle of view with Fujifilm cameras
This lens features convenient functions and a new design that is optimised for shooting magnificent landscapes that go beyond the normal viewing angle. Used with the Fujifilm X Series mirrorless cameras, the Samyang AF 12mm F2 X provides a 99.1° ultra-wide field of view. Fujifilm X Series camera users can now shoot wider landscapes, harmoniously blending with the surrounding background.
Excellent resolution in all areas of the image
The AF 12mm F2 X delivers outstanding image quality, so you can capture that starry night in much clearer detail. Incorporating 5 special elements (1 H-ASP, 1 ASP, and 3 ED) plus Ultra Multi-Coating, it achieves exceptional resolution image quality from the centre to the edges of the frame, even wide-open at its F2.0 maximum aperture. With the advanced optical design, the Minimum Focusing Distance is only 20cm, so you can easily capture close-ups and indoor images, with reduced backlight haze.
Compact size & lightweight with new design for Fujifilm X-Series cameras
The AF 12mm F2 X lens has a length of 59.2mm (2.3in) and a weighs just 212g (7.5oz). The matte finish and the subtle red ring (dependent on viewing angle) give it a modern feel. Usability has been enhanced by considering not only the design but also the users’ shooting environment. There is a micro-patterned rubber focus ring, so it feels good to operate and there is also weather sealing and rear protective glass to protect the lens from light rain, snow, and dust.
Bright F2.0 aperture creates impressive background blur and bokeh
The AF 12mm F2 X lens uses a large-diameter aperture to provide smooth background blur. It effectively separates the subject and the background using a shallow depth of field to capture a unique image of an ultra-wide-angle in which the background is compressed. The 7-blades produce smooth and natural bokeh with light splitting.
Short M.O.D (0.20m)
The minimum object distance is a very close 20cm, so it can be used to capture much more, in a variety of ways. It makes it easier to take portraits with exaggerated perspective, food on tables, and interior shots in narrow spaces.
Fast and quiet AF performance
The AF 12mm F2 X tracks the subject accurately and quickly, whilst the AF operates quietly and smoothly in video recording mode. Samyang's Linear STM (Stepping Motor) satisfies both photographers and videographers with quieter and more accurate control of the larger and heavier focusing lens groups. In particular, it is advantageous for video shooting as this lens is suitable for use on a gimbal, in combination with the small and light Fujifilm X series cameras.
What's in the box:
- Samyang AF 12mm F/2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Lens for Fujifilm X
- Front & Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
- 62mm Hoya Starscape Filter - cuts down light pollution for astrophotography and night shooting
- Hoya 62mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser Filter - cuts down glare and reflections, particularly when shooting wet surfaces
Samyang AF 12mm F/2.0 Ultra Wide Angle Lens Fujifilm X Specifications
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.2m|
|Diagonal Angle of View||APS-C: 99.1°|
|Lens Construction||12 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Mount Type||Fuji X|
|No. Diaphragm Blades||7|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.