Samyang 75mm f/1.8 AF - Sony E
The Samyang AF 75mm f/1.8 for Sony E mount is available for pre-order, a tiny but almighty lens with sophisticated optics, completely new linear focus motor, which weighs just 85.6g and is 33mm short
- New silent and high speed focus motors for fully compatible fast, accurate AF
- High quality optics and coatings found in far more expensive options
- Extremely compact and portable lens which can travel anywhere
- Full compatible with both full-frame and crop E mount sensors
The new Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 FE pursues the 'minimalist' lifestyle goal. It is compact and lightweight, with excellent performance and versatility. Sophisticated optics created by Samyang's unique technology effectively control spherical aberrations, while maintaining outstanding resolution and beautiful bokeh. The lens delivers fast, quiet and accurate autofocusing, using a new Linear Stepping Motor (STM) - the Samyang AF system can easily turn any moment into a work of art you can experience. Also, the newly developed custom-mode switch allows you to control the function of the focus ring to your own preference. Experience Samyang's next-generation lens with this new angle of view and AF system.
This new lens is the 5th member of Samyang's “Tiny but Almighty" AF Series. These lenses are the result of Samyang's response to growing needs and market trends. According to the Camera & Imaging Products Association's report of December 2019, the value of mirrorless camera sales increased in 2019 (compared to the previous year) which means that the interest in more advanced mirrorless cameras is on the rise. To lead the trend, Samyang introduced their “Tiny but Almighty" AF series in June 2017, with the AF 35mm F2.8 FE, weighing just 85.6g and 33mm in length, but producing outstanding image quality for full-frame cameras. The series has been expanded with the 18mm F2.8, 24mm F2.8, and 45mm F1.8 models - all being autofocus lenses for full-frame Sony E mount cameras. The latest AF 75mm F1.8 FE joins this blockbuster series, adding a telephoto focal length which is ideal for portraits.
Innovation in Size: Surprisingly Small but Complete!
Many new lenses are being released alongside smaller and lighter mirrorless cameras, but it is difficult to find telephoto lenses that have been designed specifically to match the compact nature of full-frame mirrorless cameras. Samyang's AF 75mm F1.8 FE reduces the burden on the photographer with its incredibly light weight of 230g and maximises portability, in a compact size that fits perfectly with mirrorless cameras. Now you can capture high quality photos with a small portrait lens that you can easily carry around.
Enjoy the Legendary 75mm Focal Length Portraits
Samyang has studied numerous focal lengths in order to develop the most suitablecompact lens for impressive portraits. The 75mm focal length was legendary for portraits in the past and Samyang is the first brand to bring it back for full-frame mirrorless cameras. It effectively isolates the subject, but still includes enough background to tell a story. It also helps maintain a comfortable distance between the photographer and subject, making this lens a perfect partner for both interior and exterior environments.
Beautiful Bokeh (which cannot be captured by a smartphone)
Samyang's unique manufacturing technology has achieved a complete optical design, considering everything from shape, colour, border and chromatic aberration. This lets you experience beautiful bokeh that is not simply obtained, but carefully designed.
Shallow Depth of Focus Creates Dramatic Portraits
Depth of field does not only come from the aperture. Samyang's unique optical design, which shows a completely different depth of field with similar angle of view and aperture, will make every-day photos really stand out.
Small but Absolute Optics: 10 Elements Including 5 Special Optics
With a total of 10 elements in 9 groups, Samyang use 5 special elements (3 Extra Low Dispersion and 2 High Refractive) to create results with incredible sharpness, low chromatic aberration and minimal distortion.
Advanced Auto Focus System
In accordance with technology, Samyang take into consideration both still images as well as video - the AF 75mm F1.8 FE lens utilises a new Stepping Motor (STM) for fast, quiet and accurate focusing, helping the user to capture priceless moments effortlessly.
The focus adjustment ring normally performs no function when using the lens in AF mode. To increase the usefuliness of this ring, Samyang has introduced a 'Custom Switch', which allows the user to adjust the iris (aperture) by using the focus ring. The Custom Switch, allows operation as a traditional camera lens and can be further customised via firmware updates, using Samyang's optional USB Lens Station.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Samyang continue to excel as a third party manufacturer of extremely high quality lenses at eminently affordable prices. The 75mm f/1.8 FE lens continues in this vein, with their ‘tiny but almighty' mantra proving accurate once again. Full-frame and crop Sony E mount users get Samyang's ultra fast and accurate next generation of silent STM focus motor, new custom mode switches all in a truly tiny form factor. The short telephoto focal length is ideal for portraits and the bright, fast aperture provides razor thin focal planes with beautiful bokeh wide open at f/1.8. The nine rounded aperture blades contribute to soft out of focus areas which are so desirable in far more expensive portrait options.
With five special optical elements including ED extra low dispersion and high refractive glass,results are superb across the frame, working seamlessly with Sony's advanced AF functionsincluding Eye AF. A new multi-coating eliminates ghosting and flare to further enhance image quality. With fully customisable user functions on the lens barrel this model will appeal to amateurs as well as professionals seeking a compact, high quality portrait lens for their collection.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.