Rycote InVision USM Universal Studio Suspension Mount
The Rycote InVision USM Universal Studio Suspension Mount offers twice the wind and noise isolation from cable and stand-borne noise for large-diaphragm microphones used in recording studios.
Universal microphone shock-mount suitable for microphones weighing up to 750 grammes & between 18mm and 55mm in diameter.
For several years, Rycote InVision mounts have been available for narrow-barrelled shotgun and stick microphones in broadcast and videography applications, but not until 2010, and the release of the striking Universal Studio Mount (USM) was there an InVision™ shock-mount capable of accommodating large-diaphragm recording microphones for use in recording studios.
Like the other InVision mounts, the USM makes use of Rycote's patented vibration-resistant Lyre mount, but on this mount the W-shaped Lyres are placed around a central mounting ring with adjustable fasteners, allowing the USM to accommodate any microphone with a diameter of between 18 and 55 millimetres.
The Rycote USM updates the concept of the microphone suspension for the 21st century, completely omitting any elasticated parts and using modern materials to create a virtually indestructible shock-mount with a performance that far outstrips that of the humble 'cat's cradle' suspension. In controlled tests at the Rycote factory, the USM provided up to twice the isolation of traditional microphone suspension systems.
- A universal mic mount - fits any large-diaphragm recording microphone from 18 to 55 mm in diameter
- Offers up to twice the isolation from cable and stand-borne noise of traditional 'cat's cradle' elasticated microphone mounts.
- Virtually indestructible
- No elasticated parts - never sags or needs rethreading
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.