- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit
The hotshoe-mount Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit provides location data, universal time (UTC) and unique Astro tracing features when combined with the shake reduction system in your DSLR camera.
Earn 249 Park Points
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Compact and lightweight hotshoe mounted accessory for Pentax DSLR cameras
- Easily record GPS data to image files for quick access and organisation on your PC
- Provides added Astro Tracer feature to capture long exposures of the night sky, working with camera-body shake reaction system
- Added features include the ability to navigate to locations with simple navigation and electronic compass feature
- Powered by a single AAA battery for up to a maximum 9 hours operating time with a lithium battery
Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit Summary
Arriving to replace the popular first generation accessory, the Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit for Pentax DSLRs offers effortless capture of location data as well as several unique features. These include Astro tracing when combined with camera anti shake systems as well as Simple Navigation and Electronic Compass. Image files record latitude, longitude, altitude and universal time coordinated (UTC), for review and easy organisation on your PC.
- Easily record GPS data with compatible Pentax cameras
- Embedded data into image files includes latitude, longitude, altitude and universal time coordinated (UTC)
- Unique Astro tracing feature works with camera shake reduction function
- Unit also provides Simple Navigation and Electronic Compass features
- Weather-resistant construction
Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit in More Detail
Effortless shooting location data with GPS
The Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit mounts onto the hotshoe of a compatible camera to record latitude, longitude, altitude, universal time coordinated (UTC) and direction of the shooting location onto captured images. GLONASS and Galileo can be received for anyone in the US and QZSS in Japan.
Astro Tracer for astro photography
When mounted on a compatible Pentax digital SLR camera body, the O-GPS2 offers advanced Astro Tracer functionality,** which couples the unit with camera SR (Shake Reduction) system for effortless tracing and photographing of celestial bodies. The unit calculates the movement of stars, planets and other bodies using latitude obtained from the location data and the camera’s alignment data (horizontal and vertical inclinations and aspect) from its magnetic and acceleration sensors.
It then shifts the image sensor in synchronisation with the movement of the objects.*** As a result, stars and other objects are captured as solid points rather than blurry streaks, even during extended long exposures.
This makes astronomical photography much easier, as it requires only a tripod and eliminates the need for an additional astronomy accessory, such as an equatorial telescope.
In addition to the normal Type 1, the Type 2 that can be used in combination with the PENTAX K-3 Mark III makes the image sensor follow the movement of the celestial body at half the speed of the Type 1. You can suppress the flow of the landscape on the ground and shoot both the stars and the landscape in a well-balanced manner.
** This function is available only when the O-GPS2 is mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR cameras body equipped with a SR system.
*** The duration of ASTROTRACER operation may vary depending on photographic conditions.
Simple Navigation to indicate location data to a destination
The O-GPS2 offers a Simple Navigation function, which calculates the direction and distance to a given destination from the current position. The user can either locate destinations using location data stored on recorded images, or register and/or assign them by uploading location data created on a PC.
Electronic Compass function to indicate and record direction
The O-GPS2 comes equipped with an Electronic Compass function, which precisely displays the camera’s direction on its LCD monitor. Using the aspect of geomagnetism detected by its magnetic sensor and the location data, the unit indicates the aspect in relation to true north. The user can also record directional data on captured images.
Simplified weather-resistant construction for use in light rain
Independent power source (one AAA-size battery) to eliminate the need for power supply from the camera body
Compatible cameras (May 2022):
- PENTAX K-3 Mark III
All applications will not support all models.
Pentax O-GPS2 GPS Unit Specifications
|Product Name||PENTAX GPS UNIT O-GPS2|
|Type||Clip-on GPS unit|
|Compatible Cameras||645Z, 645D, K-3 Mark III, KP, K-3, K-5II, K-5IIs, K-5, K-S2, K-S1, K-70, K-50, K-30, K-r,K-01|
|Recorded Information||Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Time (UTC), Direction|
|Receiving Function||GPS, SBAS, QZSS, GLONASS, Galileo|
|Acquisition Time||Cold-start: approx. 40 seconds, Hot-start: approx. 5 seconds|
|Positioning Interval||1.5 second|
|GPS Accuracy||10ｍ RMS|
|Geodesics||World Geodetic System (WGS84)|
|Electronic Compass||Accuracy: ±5° (precise calibration)|
|Positioning Interval: approx. 8 times|
|Reference Direction: True North|
|Dimensions||Approx. 49.0mm (W) x 33.0mm (H) x 59.5mm (D)|
|Weight||Approx. 63g (including alkaline battery), approx. 52g (unit only)|
|Power Source||AAA battery x 1 (alkaline battery, nickel-metal hydride battery, or lithium battery)|
|Operating Time||approx. 5 hours (23℃) / 3 hours (0℃) with alkaline battery|
|approx. 5 hours (23℃) / 5 hours (0℃) with nickel-metal hydride battery|
|approx. 9 hours (23℃) / 9 hours (0℃) with lithium battery|
|The operating time is a guide based on our measurement conditions. It may vary depending on usage conditions.|
|Individual Package||183 x 40 x 120 mm (W x H x D)|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.