Pentax 18-50mm f/4-5.6 HD DA DC WR
This standard zoom lens has been developed as a compact, easy-to-use everyday lens that meets user demand for a downsized, high-resolution digital SLR imaging system. Thanks to its retractable mechanism employed for the first time in the PENTAX K-mount lens system it provides the world's shortest length in the stored position: just 41mm.* Despite its ultra-compact design which ensures outstanding portability, it also features the PENTAX-original HD Coating, super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements to effectively compensate various aberrations for sharp, high-contrast, well-balanced images. Its built-in DC motor assures smooth, quiet autofocus operation, while its weather-resistant body makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
1. The world's shortest standard zoom lens: This standard zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 2.8 times to cover wide-angle to standard ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 27.5mm to 76.5mm in the 35mm format), which are the most frequently used ranges in general photography. Thanks to its new retractable mechanism, it measures a mere 41mm in length in the stored position the world's shortest for a standard zoom lens to ensure outstanding portability when combined with today's downsized digital SLR camera body.
2. Dependable weather-resistant construction: This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with nine special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the interior. By pairing it with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, the user is guaranteed a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings even in the rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
3. Exceptional image rendition to accommodate latest digital SLR cameras: Incorporating super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements in its 11-element/eight-group optics, this lens effectively compensates various aberrations for high-contrast, high-resolution, fine-detailed images with minimal colour bleeding.
4. HD Coating to improve image description: This lens is treated with a high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating ensures less reflection and higher light transmittance, to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
5. Quick-Shift Focus System: This lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation, even when the camera's AF system is in operation.
6. Other features:
SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor
Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
Low-profile lens hood (included),designed for easy carrying without the need to remove it from the lens for storage
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Pentax Lenses K mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.