Panasonic Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S. Lens L Mount
The new Panasonic Lumix S 70-300mm Macro O.I.S. Lens for full frame L-mount cameras delivers high quality optics and a broad telephoto range ideal for a wide range of subjects and close-up photography
Earn 899 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Versatile telephoto lens with broad zoom range including macro capabilities, ideal for any number of subjects
- High quality optical design captures sharp, detailed images suitable for high resolution L mount cameras
- Optical stabilisation supports hand held photography during low light situations for sharper results
- Excellent portrait lens with smooth out of focus bokeh thanks to a circular 11 bladed aperture
- Weather sealed construction with common 77mm filter thread supports outdoor photographers in diverse weather conditions
Panasonic Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S. Lens L Mount Summary
The S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S. telephoto lens from Panasonic provides full frame L mount photographers with a versatile option for their Panasonic Lumix mirrorless camera. With a high quality design and built-in optical stabilisation this model can be trained on a wide range of subjects from sports, wildlife and action, to portraits and close-up macro photography. Stabilisation supports hand-held work during low light situations to deliver sharper results as light levels dip, regardless of whether capturing video or shooting stills. The optical design includes four special glass elements (2 ED lenses, 1 UED lens and 1 UHR lens) ensuring this telephoto option renders high resolution results with minimal chromatic aberrations.
Features at a glance
- 11 blade circular aperture for silky smooth out of focus bokeh
- Versatile macro performance with 0.54m close-focus and 1:2 magnification
- Superb optical design with 17 elements in 11 groups (2 ED lenses, 1 UED lens, 1 UHR lens)
- Designed to endure all weather conditions with dust and moisture resistance operating between -10℃ to 40℃
- Built-in optical stabilisation system to capture sharper images
The 11 bladed circular aperture portrays extra smooth rounded bokeh and helps to isolate the subject when this effect is desired for example when isolating a portrait subject, sports person, animal or bird. This allows photographers to create more three dimensional images with a pin sharp subject against a smooth out of focus background. The ability to also capture 1:2 macro images provides yet more versatility with endless compositional opportunities for close-ups, adding a desirable option to the growing number of full frame L mount lenses.
What’s in the box
- Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S. Lens
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Lens hood
- Hoya REVO 77mm UV filter provides ultraviolet reduction and protects the front element
- Hoya 77mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser cuts down glare and enhances blue skies
- Hoya 77mm Pro ND Filter Kit for filmmaking and long exposures
Panasonic Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S. Lens L Mount Specifications
|Lens Construction||17 elements in 11 groups (2 ED lenses, 1 UED lens, 1 UHR lens)|
|Optical Image Stabilizer||Yes|
|Aperture Type||11 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm|
|Maximum Aperture||F4.5 (Wide) - F5.6 (Tele)|
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.54m/1.77ft (at focal length 70mm) / 0.74m/2.43ft (at focal length 300mm)|
|Maximum Magnification||0.5x (at focal length 300mm)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||34°(Wide) - 8.3°(Tele)|
|Dust and Splash Resistant||Yes*|
|Recommended Operating Temperature||-10℃ to 40℃ (14℉ to 104℉)|
|Max. Diameter||φ84.0mm / 3.31inch|
|Overall Length||Approx.148.0mm / 5.83inch (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)|
|Weight||Approx. 790g / 1.75lb (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)|
|Standard Accessories||Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens hood|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 feels rugged and well built, with smooth zoom and focus rings. This makes it particularly well balanced with full frame cameras such as the Lumix S5 or ultra high resolution S1R. As this lens is destined to be used outdoors, the inclusion of comprehensive weather sealing and a fluorine coating are welcome additions. 70-300 is a tried and tested focal range with the versatility to excel at all sorts of subjects, particularly wildlife and sports. That’s why Panasonic have designed the lens to operate comfortably down to -10°C whilst withstanding rain and dust, ideal for photographers shooting in the field.
Even when fully zoomed in to 300mm the lens sits well on any full frame L mount camera, with the barrel extending around 75mm where we notice the 790g weight without it becoming front heavy or cumbersome. A locking switch allows users to keep the zoom locked into place at 70mm when not in use which is a nice feature.
The combination of 17 optical elements includes a UHR element which helps to maintain excellent image quality throughout the range and across the frame. This will appeal to photographers who need to extract high resolution, crisp detail without loss of quality around the edges. The addition of macro capabilities at 1:2 magnification really does broaden the appeal allowing users to capture close-ups of flowers, fauna and supporting images if shooting weddings or portraits or that kind of thing.
Stabilisation works admirably providing up to 5.5 stops of compensation which is a useful benefit at longer lengths, providing far more ‘keepers’ when shooting hand-held. All round this is an excellent telephoto zoom which delivers a great deal of versatility, high quality images and is well built, suitable for many subjects.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.