Olympus OM-D E-M1X Mirrorless Camera Body
Aimed at professional and enthusiast photographers, the Olympus OM-D E-M1X mirrorless camera body provides speed and reliability with an integrated battery grip and 20.4MP Micro Four Thirds Sensor.
- The integrated vertical grip providing great ergonomics for horizontal and vertical shooting
- The incredible image stabilisation which provides up to 7.5 stops of IS
- The intelligent autofocus system making it easier to track different subjects and customize your autofocus points
- The built in Live ND filter which gives you slow shutter effects without the need for an external filter
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Mirrorless micro four thirds professional camera
Building on the unrivalled OM-D system mobility, the E-M1X is toughest, fastest and smartest OM-D yet, featuring the world's best image stabilisation and stand out new capabilities including 50mp HiRes Shot handheld.
With a new gyro sensor, Olympus has taken their acclaimed 5-axis sync IS to a new level offering up to 7.5 shutter speed steps of compensation
A re-developed and fast autofocus (AF) system, as well as two TruePic VIII image processors allowing for high-speed responsiveness and handheld High Res Shots; this powerhouse camera offers a compelling mix of impressive features and portability.
The OM-D AF system has been completely redeveloped, offering additional focal points and a new intelligent subject detection function to automatically track certain subjects
New twin processors take high-speed performance to another level for both image processing and a re-developed intelligent autofocus system while the new MyMenu option provides the ultimate in customised operability. A new joystick adds improved control.
The high-speed shooting capabilities have been enhanced and anti-flicker shooting has been added. Further improvements include a handheld High Res Shot, a live ND filter functionality as well as a customizable menu, USB powering & charging capabilities and two UHS II SD card slots.
On the durability front, the all new shutter mechanism is tested to 400,000 actuations and the magnesium alloy body is the only model fully IPX1 weather resistance tested on the market
For maximum mobility, leave your tripod at home with any bulky filters – combining market leading IS with new built ND filters and handheld HiRes shot, the E-M1X breaks new barriers in creative control and capability in camera.
Re-developed autofocus system for optimal speed and precision
The OM-D AF system has been completely re-developed for the E-M1X: building on the 121-point all-cross-type on-chip Phase Detection AF sensor from the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, the AF algorithm has been re-worked and dramatically improved. The E-M1X utilizes AF information from recorded images to enable quick tracking of unpredictable subject movements and changes in subject speed.
Various additional AF settings are available on the OM-D E-M1X, including different AF target modes (now supporting groups with 25 focus points) and custom AF area position settings when holding the camera vertically or horizontally. Focus points may quickly be shifted with the new multi selector (joystick).
A new intelligent subject detection feature allows the AF system to automatically detect specific subjects (motorsports, airplanes, trains), focusing and tracking the optimal area, so that users can fully concentrate on the composition.
With an AF low intensity limit of down to -6 EV steps4, the E-M1X also takes the worry out of shooting in low light.
High speed performance and excellent image quality
Speed and image quality of the new E-M1X are fueled by a 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor with a new coating in order to deliver improved sensitivity as well as two TruPicVIII high-speed image processors improving fundamental performance factors such as start-up time and recovery time from sleep mode. The dual processor design not only contributes to a faster camera, but also allows the support of two high-speed UHS-II SD card slots and enables the latest shooting functions such as Handheld High Res Shot, Live ND, and Intelligent Subject Detection AF.
With the E-M1X, Olympus engineers have taken image stabilization yet another step forward: by introducing a redeveloped gyro sensor, the camera allows for the world's best compensation performance. In combination with a M.Zuiko IS PRO lens, this technology enables the 5-axis sync IS to compensate for approx. 7.5 shutter speed steps1, eliminating the need for a tripod and enabling free-hand shooting in various conditions.
With locked AF, the E-M1X features high-speed sequential shooting at a maximum of 60 fps to capture split-second moments that the human eye cannot see. With AF/AE tracking, a maximum of 18 fps may be reached.
The camera's Pro Capture Mode records up to 35 frames retroactively from when the shutter button is released during shooting. This feature already received praise when being introduced on the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, and is ideal for action photography.
In addition to high-resolution maximum 80 MP images that can be captured in Tripod High Res Shot, a Handheld High Res Shot functionality is now available on the OM-D E-M1X: designed for photographers who don't want to be limited by using a tripod, this function generates a single high-resolution shot equal to that captured with a 50 MP sensor – without any signs of blur caused by handshake.
A new Live ND functionality
incorporates slow shutter speed effects as though using an ND filter. The scene can be reviewed in the viewfinder and the effect edited before users take the photo. Effects can be set in five levels: ND2 (equivalent to one shutter speed step), ND4 (2 steps), ND8 (3 steps), ND16 (4 steps), and ND32 (5 steps).
Movie capabilities and more
In addition to professional-quality photos, the new E-M1X is a master at movie-making. It features all the extras videographers need to capture moments as they happen.
With the ultra-high Cinema 4K (C4K, 4096 x 2160) movie format, videographers not only have the highest recording resolution to date, but also more flexibility when it comes to postproduction.
The powerful 5-axis IS and electronic stabilization enable refined handheld 4K and C4K video recording with three selectable levels of movement compensation depending on the photographer's posture and movement.
To counteract changing lighting conditions typical during documentary and nature shooting, the E-M1X supports log shooting. OM-Log400 delivers movies without loss of details in shadows or highlight blowouts, and greater freedom over video creativity through color grading.
120 fps high-speed movies are also now supported in Full HD resulting in the capability to shoot cinematic movies with slow-motion perception.
The OM-D E-M1X contains a built-in GPS sensor, temperature sensor, manometer and compass, collectively known as ‘field sensors'. In addition to location information such as longitude and latitude, these sensors detect and record the temperature, elevation, and direction of the camera for adding detailed shooting information to images.
With an anti-flicker shooting feature, the camera detects the flicker frequency of artificial light sources and activates the shutter at peak brightness to minimize uneven exposures and coloring between sequential frames. Flicker scan suppresses striped patterns that can occur when using Silent Mode (electronic shutter) and when shooting movies, so that users can fine tune the shutter speed.
A new Wi-Fi capture allows tethered shooting without a cable and makes it possible to transfer images wirelessly to a computer with the “Olympus Capture" camera control software.
As with all Olympus cameras, particularly in the pro-level the OM-D range of cameras, the E-M1X is regularly updated through firmware updates, provided free to end users by Olympus. This ensures their cameras provide the very latest stills and video capabilities as well as making use of the latest AF functionality with micro four thirds lenses. The November 2020 firmware release for this model includes Bird Detection AF, ideal for wildlife photographers. Visit this page on the Olympus website for more information and to download new firmware versions.
Product features in detail
- 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor with improved supersonic wave filter for dust reduction
- Dual TruPicVIII high-speed image processors enabling high-speed responsiveness and new innovative features
- Dimensions: W 144.4mm x H 146.8mm x D 75.4mm
- Weight: approx. 849g (body only), 997g (with 2 batteries and SD cards)
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 870|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 60|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 2|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 216|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 686|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 997|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 200 - 25600 (expands down to 64)|
|JPEG quality levels: Superfine, fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 200|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 64|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 121|
|Number of white balance presets: 7|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Dual TruePic VIII|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1037000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2360000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
- The addition of the integrated vertical grip makes this a fantastic option for pro level use. Combined with the extra battery life and ergonomics, this camera feels amazing to use.
- Packed full of features, the E-M1 X is a camera that can be used in a variety of situations.
- Having two processors built into the camera allows you to perform operations faster and more efficiently
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.