- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Nikon Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Z-mount lens
The Nikkor Z 70-200mm VR S lens for mirrorless Z-mount is the next professional workhorse telephoto zoom lens from Nikon to feature leading SR glass and premium optical design for stills and video.
Earn 2599 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Advanced optics with premium results
- Lens settings information available at a glance on the OLED panel
- Useful function button to access quick settings
- Excellent video lens with silent, quick focus
- Fast bright optics and vibration reduction
Nikon Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens
Nikon are forging ahead with mirrorless lens options for Z-mount with the release of the Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S telephoto zoom. This workhorse focal width plays a major role in professional and enthusiast requirements being so versatile for a host of subjects, from sports and action to portraits, weddings, reportage or landscapes.
The 70-200 lens incorporates Nikon’s new SR glass as well as ED elements to minimise chromatic aberration. As a result colour fringing is excellently controlled, images are sharper than achievable before and contrast is exceptional for both stills and video. For videographers focus breathing has all but been eliminated and electromagnetic aperture control allows a more natural change of exposure while recording. Autofocus is smooth, silent and quick, allowing this lens to perform in situations demanding silent capture such as weddings or wildlife.
Professional grade Z mount telephoto zoom lens. Covering the versatile 70-200 mm focal range with a constant bright f/2.8 aperture.
Superb optical performance. Sharpness and contrast are exceptional throughout the entire frame. focusing is smooth, fast, and virtually silent.
Advanced optics. Designed with 21 elements in 18 groups, incorporating ED glass and SR elements as well as anti-reflective ARNEO and Nano Crystal coatings.
Video Ready. With this lens design, focus breathing is all but eliminated, and stable aperture control delivers natural exposure changes throughout the scene when recording.
OLED lens information panel. Users will love the ability to quickly confirm aperture, focus distance, focal length, ISO, and depth of field on the lens itself.
Lens function button. This useful addition allows photographers to assign as many as 21 different functions to the Fn button, from AF lock to metering to bracketing.
Nikon Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens Key Specifications
The Nikkor optics incorporated in this telephoto provide professional level results through Nikon’s most advanced optical engineering practices. The optics are designed with 21 elements in 18 groups (including 6 ED glass, 2 aspherical lens, 1 fluorite and 1 SR lens element). This ensures the best possible results consistently, with high contrast and low aberrations, including well controlled colour fringing. Vibration reduction helps with capturing sharp results even when handheld although the included tripod mount will be essential for certain applications.
A constant bright aperture allows photographers to shoot in low light situations and focusing is achieved through an internal focus stepping motor system (STM) even in difficult situations. The nine bladed aperture provides smooth out of focus bokeh areas when the lens is open and weather sealing allows work to continue whatever the conditions. Glass elements have Nano Crystal coatings applied as well as an ARNEO coat conceived with Nikon’s mirrorless mount. A fluorine coated front lens element helps to reduce smears or dirt on images.
This is capable of extremely close focus at just 50cm (1.64’) allowing photographers to shoot even more creatively. The compact size and weight at around 22cm long at 1.3kg. allows users to bring this lens to virtually any assignment as well as for all day shooting, including landscape or nature photography. A common 77mm filter thread size ensures existing filters can be used with this lens, including Nikon’s own brand variants.
NIKON 70-200MM F/2.8 S Z MOUNT LENS SAMPLE IMAGES
Mounted on Nikon Z 7 mirrorless camera.
200mm focal length
Mounted on Nikon Z 7 mirrorless camera.
200mm focal length
Mounted on Nikon Z 7 mirrorless camera.
70mm focal length
This lens forms one of three in Nikon’s mirrorless ‘trinity’ of f/2.8 lenses. The two partners are the wide angle zoom Nikkor Z 14-24mm S and wide to short telephoto Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S. Working professionals and serious enthusiasts swear by the need for three workhorse zooms with a fast aperture found in the trinity and Nikon has ensured these exceed their demands with esteemed ’S’ lens quality.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Z Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Nikon have pulled out all of the stops with the introduction of their Z-mount mirrorless zoom lens. The 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S is an important milestone and includes innovative, useful features such as the OLED panel, electromagnetic aperture control and a host of pro grade glass. Results are second to none, with edge to edge sharpness, natural colour and rich detailed images straight out of camera.
Decades of experience in designing world class optics have culminated in the Nikkor Z 70-200mm offering and the Z-mount provides one of the shortest flange distances in the mirrorless market. The inclusion of newly designed S-line elements, a more compact, lighter chassis and superb focussing make this a must have lens for any Nikon mirrorless shooters.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.