Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Camera + FTZ Mount Adapter
Nikon's Z 6 is their first full-frame mirrorless compact system camera . With a 24.5MP sensor, it can shoot at 12fps & offers incredible low-light performance. Here begins a new dawn of photography for Nikon lovers.
- Ability to use existing F-mount lenses
- High quality crystal sharp images particularly with Z-mount
- Full-frame versatility with high quality sensor
- Excellent movie recording capabilities
Nikon Z 6 Full Frame Mirrorless Compact System Camera with FTZ mount adaptor
Nikon's First Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
FTZ mount adapter gives compatibility across Nikon F-Mount Lens
Nikon's long-awaited launch into the full-frame mirrorless market has been seen as setting the benchmark for the future of Photography. With the introduction of the new Nikon Z-NIKKOR mount, Nikon say they are putting in the groundwork for the next 100 years.
The Nikon Z6 has the specification to rival professional level Digital SLRs (DSLRs) on the market, but with the benefits of mirrorless – smaller, with incredible autofocus and the capacity to shoot & process at frame rates that a DSLR would struggle to match.
The camera body is noticeably smaller and lighter than a DSLR with equivalent specification. Nikon have focused on making it comfortable to hold - with a deep grip and textured front. The rear of the camera has controls that are easily accessible (with custom functions to allow for personalisation), with the option to use either the high resolution 3.6m dot Eye View Finder or the tilt and touchscreen 3.2" LCD screen.
Nikon's New Z-Nikkor Mount
Nikon have looked to the future with their new Z-NIKKOR mount. Wider than the F Mount used on Nikon's DSLR system, it has been designed to be compatible with lenses that have an aperture of f/0.95.
This shows that Nikon intend for their mirrorless full-frame system to be a market leader when it comes to low light performance – as critical to video performance as it is for shooting stills in low-light conditions.
The good news for Nikon DSLR users is that there is a mount adapter available for the current range of F Mount lenses. This enables a transition period of using a whole range of existing lenses that are not yet available with the new Z-NIKKOR mount.
And of course, it ensures that the booming second-hand market is available to mirrorless users – so if you require an ultra-wide-angle, macro or telephoto lens, you have these available straight from launch.
So Fast It Blurs The Lines Between Stills And Video
The New improved eXpeed 6 processing engine takes its heritage from the Nikon D5 – it's inherently designed to deal with shooting at fast frame rates - absorbing the associated buffering without reducing the camera's ability to be ready for the next shot.
The Z6 can shoot at an incredible rate of 12fps – perfect for freeze-framing action when shooting in burst mode.
The video features look to distinguish this camera – 4K UHD with N Log, Time Code, 10 BIT HDMI and a colour bit depth of 8:2:2 will get video buffs sitting on the edge of their seat. There is also Focus Peaking on 4K video, and the option of extracting stills at 8K.
what else is included in the box?
- Nikon Z branded ANDC-19 Strap
- Z-Mount Body cap
- Eyecup DK-29
- USB cable UC-E24
- Battery charger MH-25a
- EN-EL15B Battery
- BS-1 Accessory shoe cover
- HDMI/USB cable clip
Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Camera + FTZ Mount Adapter Specifications
|Model||Z 6 Body|
|Effective pixels||24.5 million (with OLPF)|
|image sensor||Backside illumination FX format CMOS sensor, employing focal-plane phase-detection AF pixels|
|Lens mount||Compatible with Nikon F Mount|
|image-processing engine||EXPEED 6|
|Picture Control system||Mid-range Sharpening. Creative Options: Dream / Morning / Pop / Sunday / Somber / Dramatic / Silence / Bleached / Melancholic / Pure / Denim / Toy / Sepia / Blue / Red / Pink / Charcoal / Graphite / Binary / Carbon
"Effective level" function
|Still image||Still images can be taken while shooting video|
|viewfinder||Approx. 100% frame coverage, approx. 0.8x magnification
Quad-VGA, approx. 3690k-dot EVF
|Shutter durability||Tested 200,000 cycles|
|Shutter speed||1/8000 to 30 s, x200|
|Continuous shooting speed||Up to approx. 12 fps (extended)|
|ISO sensitivity||100 to 51200|
|Maximum AF points/area coverage||273 points (phase-detection, in FX format with siangle-point AF)/90%|
|AE||TTL metering using camera image sensor|
Full HD/120p (FX)
N-Log (HDMI 10-bit output)
|Time-lapse photography||4K UHD, Full-HD, exposure smoothang
|Monitor||Tilting, touch operational, 8-cm/3.2-in., 2100k-dot|
|Shutter durability||Tested 200,000 cycles|
(5 GHzPC transfer, WT-7/A/B/C supported
|Compatible Software||Picture Control Utility 2 (Common with Capture NX-D, ViewNX-i and Camera Control Pro 2)
Creative Picture Control supported (each parameter can be adjusted)
Color control point incorporated
Camera Control Pro 2
•Movie functions can be controlled
•Subject tracking situation of auto-area AF can be confirmed from a computer
|Battery Life||310 shots|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 134 x 100.5 x 67.5 mm/5.3 x 4 x 2.7 in|
|Weight||Approx. 675g/1 lb 7.9 oz|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Nikon Z6|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 216|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 686|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Nikon's first full frame mirrorless camera is simply a revelation. Incredible build quality, with a spec to rival the established market leaders, it also handles beautifully.
With full compatability with Nikon F Mount lenses, the Z Mount lenses, with their unique mount, make the Z6 a future-proofed camera with an exciting range of lenses available, with more to come.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.