Nikon Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Telephoto Zoom Lens
The new Nikon Z 24-200mm VR telephoto lens represents the most compact, lightweight mirrorless Z-mount zoom on the market, with high quality optics and a versatile range for a host of shooting styles.
- Impressive vibration reduction with up to 5 EV stops
- STM motor is whisper-quiet with quick accurate operation
- Compact design with lightweight form to bring anywhere
- Wide to telephoto zoom range provides extremely versatile option
- Dust and drip resistant to withstand weather changes when shooting outdoors
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens Summary
The Nikkor Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR joins the Z-mount range of lenses to not only provide excellent zoom range coverage, but is also compact enough for travel and more discreet photography. The large Z mount allows for a new design of lens, which places the important elements to the rear, which results in far better balance and overall camera handling. The design also makes for an optically superior design, which provides not just wide apertures, but also delivers deeper contrast and more vivid colours at both the wide and telephoto ends of the range. With a considerable wide to telephoto range, this lens is versatile enough to shoot anythang from landscapes, to portraits and even shorter range wildlife.
The STM autofocus motor is extremely quiet and accurate, with a reduction in focus breathang and focus shift, especially useful for video. Aspherical elements minimise distortion and chromatic aberrations and ED glass reduce ghosting and flaring for cleaner images, with minimal distortion.
- Versatile 24-200mm focal range for an all-in-one lens option
- Solid aperture of f/4-6.3 allows user to control depth of field
- Vibration reduction of 5.0 stops (VR) for hand-holding
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades
- Minimum focus distance of 0.5m for macro style close-ups
Nikon Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR in detail
The Z mount range of lenses now features the Nikkor Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR, being equally at home for capturing excellent stills and movies. The compact and lightweight design weighs in at approximately 570g, with dimensions of 76.5 mm x 114 mm. Ranked as the most compact long zooms around today, the lens is an easy fit into the smallest of kit bags, while keeping the renowned Nikon level of optical quality now available with Nikon mirrorless cameras.
For any Type of Journey
No matter if the 24-200mm is taken on an all-day shoot or extensive travels, the full frame mirrorless lens can cover all bases with the 24-200mm focal range. Going from wide angle to telephoto, the lens is ideal for landscapes to wildlife photography and with the zoom lock switch, the lens can confidently stay retracted in a kit bag for staying static at a chosen focal length.
The solid lens construction is also sealed to protect from moisture and dust. While a fluorine coating further repels dust and dirt from the front element without reducing image quality.
Optically, the 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR consists of 19 elements arranged in 15 groups, which include two ED glass, two aspherical and one aspherical ED glass elements. An ARNEO Coating has also been applied for additional optical quality and to reduce the effects of ghosting and flaring. Seven rounded diaphragm blades are also included for producing bokeh effects as well as a f/4-6.3 variable aperture. The aperture is also capable of ranging from f/4-f/22 at the widest and f/6.3-f/36 at the most telephoto end of the range. An automatic electromagnetic package control is also included internally.
focusing on the lens utilises the Internal focusing (IF) system, with a highly efficient STM stepping motor, which is both quick and quiet. An ideal solution for both stills and video. A minimum focusing distance of 0.5 m is also achievable at 24mm and 0.7m at 200mm.
At the front of the lens is a 67mm filter attachment, which is nonrotating and able to fit a wide variety of filters.
Vibration Reduction System
Nikon's highly efficient VR system has been brought to the lens, with up to 5 stops of compensation and blur reduction when a tripod is used. Vibration reduction uses lens shift with voice coil motors to produce optimally low shutter speeds, ideal for a wide range of travel photography situations. The system can be switched on and off on the lens barrel when required.
The lens is supplied with a number of accessories to make sure it is kept in the best condition at all times. Included items are an LC-67B lens cap, a LF-N1 rear lens cap, HB-93 lens hood and CL-C1 lens case have been included, with additional 67mm filters being available from our online shop or in-store.
Nikon Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens Sample images
Camera: Nikon Z7
Focal length: 24mm
Shutter Speed: 1.3 sec
Camera: Nikon Z7
Focal length: 24mm
Shutter Speed: 1/400th sec
Camera: Nikon Z7
Focal length: 24mm
Shutter Speed: 1/250th sec
Camera: Nikon Z7
Focal length: 200mm
Shutter Speed: 1/125th sec
what else is included in the box?
- LC-67B lens cap
- LF-N1 rear lens cap
- HB-93 lens hood
- CL-C1 lens case
- Lenspen Elite Cleaning Kit
- Manfrotto Befree advanced Alpha Aluminium Leg Lock Tripod Kit
- Hoya 67mm Ultra Pro UV
NIKON NIKKOR Z 24-200MM F/4-6.3 VR TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS SPECIFICATIONS
Nkkor Z Mount wide to telephoto zoom
f/4 to f/6.3 (wide) to f/22 to f/36 (telephoto)
5.0 stops Vibration Reduction effect (VR)
Nikon Z Mount
Approx. 76.5 mm x 114 mm
Approx. 570 g
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Z Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
There are always benefits to having an all in one versatile lens which covers most popular focal ranges. Photographers from all genres can travel lighter and the Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR weighs in at only 570g. This makes a compact and lightweight solution, perfect for all day use or an ideal travel lens. Being one of the most compact telephoto zooms around today, this lens will be a hit for the enthusiast photographer to the professional who simply wants to travel light, yet access a broad range of focal lengths.
The Z mount system provides a new optical design, which pushes lens elements nearer to the rear, with a seamless link functionality between lens and camera. The vibration reduction system reduces blur and provides up to 5 stops of compensation. The lens also features a reasonable minimum focus distance of 0.5m and the STM motor does a fine job of fast and accurate autofocusing, even in low light conditions.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.