Nikon Z 105mm f/2.8 VR S Lens
The Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S for Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras is a professional quality S-Line macro prime lens with beautiful bokeh, flawless focusing and a compact lightweight design.
- Professional mid-telephoto macro lens with S-Line optics weighing in at just 630g
- Perfectly rounded smooth bokeh from a bright f/2.8 rounded 9-bladed aperture design
- Flawless Autofocus with dramatically reduced colour fringing and fast subject acquisition
- Suitable for close-up stills and video with minimal focus breathing and stable aperture control
- Close-focus down to just 0.29m and set focus limiter between 0.29-0.50m for rapid work
Nikon Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Macro Lens Summary
If you’ve been craving a close-up lens for photography or video the Nikon Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Lens is the first true 1:1 macro lens to arrive for Nikon mirrorless cameras. Featuring professional S-Line optics with a smooth, silent STM stepping motor this mid-telephoto prime can be used for a range of subjects including portraits, product or food photography and of course macro images and video. It is capable of capturing highly desirable natural looking bokeh with an f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture and renders incredibly detailed, high resolution results.
Focus breathing has all but been eliminated which is ideal for video or focus stacking, while Nikon’s VR (vibration reduction) helps steady hand-held shots in darker conditions with a 4.5-stop advantage.
- Bitingly sharp mid-telephoto with 16 elements 11 groups (including 3 ED lens elements and 1 aspherical element)
- Fast Autofocus with STM stepping motor
- 4.5-stops vibration reduction
- 9 (rounded diaphragm opening) aperture for round bokeh balls
- Automatic aperture with electro magnetic mechanism
- Close-focus down to 0.29 m with 1:1 life-size magnification
- Compact length at 140mm and lightweight 630g design
- Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO Coat
- Focus mode and focus limiter switches
Nikon Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Macro Lens in More Detail
Professional mid-telephoto macro lens
With a Nikon Z-Mount ’S-Line’ optical design and smooth, silent multi-focusing system the Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Lens is destined for close-up enthusiasts and professional photographers. The lens is capable of stunningly lifelike depth and detail with 1:1 reproduction ratio yet remains impressively lightweight. It has been optimised for shooting both macro stills and video, perfect for working photographers and content creators alike.
Rob Harmon, Senior Commercial Lead, Nikon Northern Europe, says: “The long-awaited 105 mm macro lens brings astonishingly beautiful macro performance to the Z system, and is a perfect choice for both professionals and macro enthusiasts”.
The lens can be mounted with both full frame and DX-crop sensor cameras, where it provides a 152mm focal length.
Fast, high speed focusing
With an STM stepping motor and Internal focusing system Nikon has ensured the lens is capable of high speed, silent AF with incredible speed and accuracy.
Close-up precision work
A minimum focus distance is just 0.29m is available at f/4.5-51 and the AF focus limiter allows rapid acquisition of subjects between 0.29-0.50m. In MF you can adjust the focus throw to match your preferred way of working. At infinity the lens offers an aperture range of f/2.8-32.
Nikon lens coatings
Nikon’s anti-reflective ARNEO and Nano Crystal coatings combat ghosting and lens flare with backlit subjects. Lens based Vibration Reduction (VR) combines with in-camera VR for steady handheld shots even in low light situations.
Macro video optimised
Videographers benefit from a quiet AF motor and smooth, stable aperture control. Focus breathing is all but eliminated so you can shift focus without affecting the shot's angle of view.
The Nikon Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Lens accepts 62mm screw-on filters and the mount and all moving parts are sealed to keep dust and moisture out. Nikon’s fluorine coating also repels water, dust, and dirt keeping maintenance simple.
What’s in the box
- Nikon Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Lens for Z-Mount
- LC-62B Lens Cap (front cap)
- LF-N1 Lens Cap (rear cap)
- HB-99 Lens Hood (New design which accepts filters with hood mounted)
- CL-C2 Lens Case
- B+W 62mm F-PRO 007 Clear Protector Filter MRC - adds another layer of protection to the front element
- Hoya REVO SMC 62mm Circular Polarising Filter - Excellent filter for cutting glare and reflections
- Nikon SB R1C1 - Ideal lighting set-up for close-up work
Nikon Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Macro Lens Sample images
All of these sample images have been made with the Nikon Z2 Mk 2 camera and demonstrate the versatility of this mid-telephoto prime lens with beautiful bokeh and gorgeous details throughout.
Macro: 3.4 sec. f/3.2. ISO 100
Still life: 0.7 sec. f/3. ISO 320
Macro: 0.7 sec. f/5. ISO 31
Portrait: 1/200 sec. f/2.8. ISO 400
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Nikon mirrorless camera owners who enjoy shooting close-ups have been waiting patiently for a macro lens for the Z-Mount and Nikon has delivered with style. Users can now choose from this Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S Lens, which launched together with a new 50mm macro option. The 105mm mid-telephoto features professional S-Line optics, which are renowned for their tack sharp results combined with a bright aperture and lens-based VR. The rounded aperture portrays beautifully round bokeh with excellent fall-off and results show extremely high resolution detail. Images and videos are well controlled through the inclusion of 3 ED lens elements and 1 aspherical element, from a total of 16 lenses working perfectly with the wider Z-mount.
Both video and stills shooters benefit from fast AF thanks to a near-silent STM focus motor which acquires and tracks subjects well. Being a pro-quality lens means Nikon has included every type of feature for working photographers, including a focus limiter and the ability to adjust the focus throw. They’ve also included effective glass coatings to control backlighting, smears and dirt as well as effective weather sealing for outdoor use. If you’ve been waiting for a macro lens for your mirrorless camera, this offering from Nikon is extremely compelling indeed.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.