Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Lens Ex Demo
The FX format Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR zoom lens is both affordable and flexible with a huge telephoto reach, ideal for sports and wildlife photography, with many pro features.
- Great value
- Ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- An incredible 4.5 stops of image stabilisation
- SPORT VR mode for tracking motor-sports or planes
NIKON AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Telephoto lens Ex Demo
6 Month Warranty
The latest big-zoom' from Nikon is packed with Nikons latest lens tech, with the AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR, Nikon offers a huge reach at an affordable price.
Whether you're a birder, a sports photographer, a fan of air shows this latest FX zoom delivers in all areas.Powerful zoom with extended reach. With a 200-500mm focal length range and constant f/5.6 aperture, this FX-format lens introduces a new level of super-telephoto versatility.
A constant f/5.6 aperture provides reliable and smooth speed and control throughout the depth of field across the whole zoom range. Optical construction consists of 19 elements across 12 groups and features ED glass elements minimising chromatic aberration. Being the largest fixed aperture zoom in the current Nikkor range the 200-500mm also implements the latest version of Nikon's VR (vibration reduction) technology. This powerful technology allows you to shoot using shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower and includes SPORT VR mode for fast tracking during action shots such as motor-sports or planes, on top of this the Nikon Silent wave Motor (SWM) offers a fast AF.
FX-format super-telephoto zoom lens: offers flexible 200-500mm focal length range (DX-format equivalent: 300-750mm). Ideal for shooting wildlife, birds, planes, and fast-paced sports.
Constant f/5.6 aperture: enables consistent speed and smooth control over depth of field across the entire zoom range.
High optical performance: three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements ensure minimal chromatic aberration.
Vibration Reduction (VR): minimises camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower. SPORT VR mode delivers a stable viewfinder image when capturing high-speed movement. It also allows a continuous shooting frame rate and release time lag similar to those that are achievable when VR is turned off. Use SPORT VR mode to perfectly capture moving subjects such as birds in flight, or fast-paced sports.
- High-speed AF operation: Nikon's Silent wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance with seamless manual override.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm: for consistent, more precise exposures during high-speed bursts.
- Minimum focus distance: 2.2m.
- Zoom-lock switch: keeps the lens secure when not in use.
- Tripod foot: helps stabilise the lens when using a tripod.
- AF with teleConverters: the fixed maximum aperture of f/5.6 enables AF operation even when using a 1.4x teleConverter (attached to an f/8-compatible camera).
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Super Telephoto Lens Specifications
Full Telephoto Zoom Lens
Focal length range
Minimum focus distance
Angle of view field (diag. horiz. vert.) - full frame
12° 20′- 5°00′
Lens elements | groups
19 elements in 12 groups (including 3 ED glass elements)
f/5.6 – f/32
Up to 4.5 stops
Nikon DSLR F-Mount
Approx. 108 mm × 267.5 mm
Approx. 2300 g
|Offers: Price Drop
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount
|Aperture ring: N/A
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): 108
|Length (mm): 268
|Weight (g): 2300
|Distance scale: Yes
|DoF scale: N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: Yes
|Focal length: 200 - 500 mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: Yes
|Hood supplied: Yes
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 500
|Maximum magnification: 0.22
|Maximum aperture (number): 5.6
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 200
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 2.2
|Minimum aperture (number): 32
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: 3 ED elements
|Tripod collar: Yes
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: N/A
|Best For Interior and Architecture: N/A
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: N/A
|Best For Macro and Still Life: N/A
|Best For Astro: N/A
|Best For Street: N/A
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: Yes
|Zoom lock: Yes
|Zoom method: N/A
Nikon have launched a seriously affordable contender in the super-telephoto arena, offering a product with superb optical performance, an exceptional reach as well as being packed with the latest technologies.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!