Leica Summarit S 70mm f/2.5 ASPH CS Lens Black Anodised
The Summarit-S 70 mm f/2.5 ASPH. plays the role of the standard lens in the Leica S-System lens-portfolio, and has a focal length corresponding to 56 mm in 35 mm format. In order to ensure its universal versatility, the Leica design engineers invested immense effort to guarantee superior image performance at maximum aperture and at all focusing distances.
One of the eight lenses arranged in six groups features an aspherical surface, to minimize aberration effects.The two cemented elements are manufactured from glass with high anomalous partial dispersion, minimizing the effect of chromatic aberrations. In addition, glasses with very high refractive indices work together with the aspherical element to almost completely eliminate monochromatic aberration effects. In order to achieve perfect image performance from infinity to its minimum focusing distance of just 50 cm (~1.6 ft), the last two lenses are constructed as a floating element that moves independently from the rest of the optical system when focusing. The Leica Summarit-S 70 mm f/2.5 ASPH. is ideally protected against water droplets and dust and features a protective neutral glass filter that is included as a parameter in its optical design.
The reward for the immense effort invested in its design and construction is a lens with extraordinarily good contrast performance wide open and at all other apertures that, even at its closest focusing distances, can be only marginally improved in the extreme corners of images by stopping down. With a value of only 1.2%, distortion remains imperceptible, and maximum vignetting of 1.4 stops at maximum aperture is so extremely low, ensuring that the Leica Summarit-S 70 mm f/2.5 ASPH. delivers consistently dependable and superior image performance at all apertures and distances.
This is the CS version of the lens, which has a central shutter, also known as a leaf shutter, built-in. The central shutter allows the S camera to sync with a flash unit at any shutter speed up to and including 1/1000th of a second. This provides the photographer with exceptional control when balancing ambient and strobe lighting.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses S mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.