Leica M6 Film Camera Body Black Paint
The 2022 reinvention of the legendary analogue classic Leica M6 Film Camera in Black Paint is compact, intuitive and discreet, symbolising quintessential photography in a body made from premium materials.
- Beautifully crafted reinvention of one of the most popular analogue rangefinder cameras of all time
- Robust, durable and premium materials used throughout the body, including solid brass and scratch resistant materials
- Analogue shooting experience which is designed to immerse the photographer into proactive image making
- Highly desirable design language right through to the leather carrying strap and packaging based on the original M6 box
- View crystal clear scenes with a large, bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation
Leica M6 Film Camera Body Black Paint Summary
It’s been some time since Leica launched a new film camera, which arrives in 2022 as the reinvention of the most popular analogue rangefinder system camera (35 mm) ever made. The Leica M6 Film Camera Body in Matte Black Paint is the quintessential photography tool for discerning image makers, crafted from durable, premium materials and upgraded electronic components.
Leica’s M6 design includes a solid brass top cap and bottom plate, scratch resistant matte black paint and new embossed ‘Made In Germany’ leatherette. This design is based on previous generation M6 cameras and even includes a new ISO dial, styled like the original.
The camera body is compact, intuitive to use and discreet, perfect to capture the action and tell genuine stories with emotion. Journalists have been using an M6 made from 1984 to 2002 and now have an upgraded model to capture unique images with.
Key Leica M6 Features
- 2022 reinvention of the original Leica M6
- Reliable high precision mechanics
- Improved film Rangefinder
- Manual with quick wind lever or LEICAVIT M, motorized with LEICA MOTOR-M, LEICA WINDER-M, LEICA WINDER (35mm analogue film)
- Frame counter on top of the camera body
- Large, bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation
- Solid brass body components including top cap and bottom plate
- Scratch resistant matte black paint finish
- Embossed black leatherette
- ISO dial styled like the original
- Upgraded electronic components
- Original M6 styled packaging
- Made in Germany
Leica M6 Film Camera Body in More Detail
The horizontal and vertical difference between viewfinder and lens is compensated automatically in line with the relevant focus setting. Congruence of viewfinder and actual image. The size of the bright-line frame matches the distance:
- at 2 m: the exact sensor size of approx. 23.9 x 35.8 mm
- at infinity: (depending on focal length) approx. 7.3% (28 mm) to 18% (135 mm)
- less than 2 m: less than film size
x0.73 (all M mount rangefinder lenses)
Split and superimposed image rangefinder shown as a bright field in the centre of the viewfinder image.
Focal plane shutter with rubber liner, mechanically controlled. Mechanical shutter 1 s - 1⁄1000 s Flash Synch: up to 1⁄50 s.
Two-stage: Power up (activation of exposure meter) – Release. Integrated standard cable release thread.
TTL (exposure metering through the lens), with working aperture.
Film speed range
Manual setting from ISO 6/9° to ISO 6400/39°.
The light reflected by a metering spot in the centre of the first shutter curtain is metered. The metering spot has a diameter of 12mm and therefore corresponds to approx. 13% of the full negative format or around 2/3 of the short side of the corresponding frame in the viewfinder.
Exposure control mode
Manual shutter speed and aperture setting, adjustment using LED light balance.
Manual focusing with working range 70 cm to ∞
Leica M-System lenses
Any investment into the Leica M system opens up endless creative opportunities through amazing M lenses, which are designed to the same exacting standards as Leica cameras. You can choose from dozens of models, which offer unique qualities whether you’re buying used Leica lenses or brand new high-performance options.
The majority are extremely compact, fast and robust, keeping the rangefinder system compact and discreet, while delivering impeccable image quality, with Leica’s distinctive style. Leica lenses require skilled and talented craftspeople during the construction process, which contributes to the overall user experience.
See more sample photos and read more about news about the Leica M6 camera release.
What’s in the box
- Leica M6 Film Camera Body
- Leather carrying strap
- Warranty Card
Leica M6 Film Camera Sample photos
Leica’s M6 Rangefinder epitomises all that photographers love about film photography. The body is compact, discreet and intuitive to use, with premium build quality as expected from this desirable brand. The design is stealthy and wears the much coveted red dot logo, along with embossed leatherette, which heralds the camera’s made in Germany origins.
Photographers across genres use Leica film rangefinders, from photojournalists, street photographers and landscape photographers to those who simply love the experience of loading and shooting film. A film camera forces you to slow down and look more critically at any scene and of course wait for the results to be processed before being admired.
If you’re amongst those who enjoy manual photography and love the idea of shooting analogue film, the release of the Leica M6 camera could be just what you need to immerse yourself in the analogue renaissance. The exterior body looks the business, and the electronics inside have been upgraded with new components, ensuing anyone lucky enough to shoot with the M6 has the chance to enjoy the camera for many decades to come.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.