Leica APO Summicron M 50mm f/2 ASPH Lens Silver Anodised
Leica APO-SUMMICRON-M 50mm f/2 ASPH Silver Anodised
More than 30 years after the launch of Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm, which is still available, the Leica APO Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm ASPH. represents a totally new development. With its compact body - only marginally longer and slightly heavier than the Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm, and with an almost identical diameter, it provides visibly higher image quality.
On the Leica APO Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm ASPH. the exceptional correction enables all aberrations to be reduced to a minimum level that is negligible in digital photography. Its key features include excellent contrast rendition, all the way to the corners of the image, even with a fully open aperture. The use of a "floating element" ensures that this is retained, even for close-up shots.
Vignetting is limited to a maximum - i.e. in the corners of the image - of just 2 stops at full aperture in 35 mm format, or around 1 on the Leica M8 models. Stopping down to 2.8 visibly reduces this light deterioration towards the edge of the image, with practically only the natural vignetting remaining.
Distortion is very low at a maximum of just 0.4 % (pin cushion), which is practically imperceptible. A total of eight lens elements are used to achieve this exceptional performance.
To realize the apochromatic correction (resulting in a common focusing plane for three light wavelengths), three are made of glass types with high anomalous partial color dispersion, while two of the others have a high refractive index. The aspherical surface of the first lens in the rear group helps to reduce spherical aberration and flatten the image field. While the optical construction in front of the aperture is a Gaussian type, the arrangement of the lens elements behind it is similar to that in the Summilux-M 1:1.4/35 mm ASPH. This group comprises a "floating element", which is moved independently of the rest of the construction during focusing.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Leica Lenses M mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 53|
|Length (mm): 47|
|Weight (g): 300|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: 39 mm|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Leica M|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: 0.088|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/2|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 50|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.