LEE Filters 100mm System 0.45 Neutral Density Grad Medium Filter
With the LEE Filters 100mm System 0.45 Neutral Density Grad Medium Filter outdoor photographers can balance brighter skies with darker ground or ocean by 1.5 stops
LEE Filters 100mm System 0.45 Neutral Density Grad Medium Filter
The LEE Filters 100mm System 0.45 Neutral Density Grad Medium Filter enables the photographer to selectively adjust exposure across the frame by 1.5 Stops.
The LEE Filters range of Neutral Density (ND) Graduated Filters enable the photographer to selectively adjust exposure across the frame without affecting colour balance.
They are almost an essential in modern landscape photography on both digital and film camera s and come in a range of strengths denoting the light stopping power of the filter.
All LEE Filters ND grads are made by hand, using technology that ensures the line of transition between the coated and clear areas of the filter is extremely precise.
As a result, we have been able to expand the range of ND grads available to photographers using the Seven5, 100mm and SW150 filter systems. Now, alongside the traditional hard and soft gradations, photographers can also choose very hard and medium gradations, giving more control than ever when it comes to balancing exposures in-camera .
Compatible with both digital and film photography
Whatever format you shoot, ND Grads help camera s record scenes more like we see them with a broad tonal range that's lost if not captured in the moment.
Precise creative control
There is a place in landscape photography for both hard and soft grads. Which one you decide to use will depend mainly on the subject matter of your image.
The very hard ND grad is perfect for scenes such as seascapes that feature a defined horizon line. The transition between the coated and clear sections of the filter is extremely sharp, allowing for precision separation between the filtered and unfiltered areas of the frame.
As a general rule, a hard grad would be used for images containing a horizon, or any hard transition between the sky and the foreground - even with jagged or mountainous horizons, the exposure can be controlled far easier with a hard grad.
LEE Filters has been manufacturing a bespoke medium ND grad to order for a number of years. It proved so popular with professional photographers, it has now been made available to all. This filter is ideal for use when elements of the scene protrude into the sky, be that the rooftops of buildings or the peaks of mountains. The nature of the transition between coated and uncoated areas of the filter means that the sky can be filtered with minimal impact on the land beneath it.
Soft grads perform best in woodland, mist, or interiors. Anywhere where there is no definite transition between sky and foreground, a soft grad will gently balance exposure across the image.
The most common use for a single ND grad would be to balance the exposure difference between the sky and the foreground in a landscape image, retaining the natural colours and detail without over-exposing and "burning out" parts of the image.
For example, when photographing a landscape in which the sky is much brighter than the foreground, placing the neutral density part of the filter onto the sky in the frame will reduce the sky exposure without affecting the foreground. This enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed in the picture, and avoids the "white out" effect caused by exposing for the foreground. Even with the advent of digital RAW capture and image manipulation, ND grads remain an important tool, as lost highlight detail (in the same way as a burnt out area in a transparency) cannot be recovered if above the maximum recording threshold.
ND Grads can be stacked together, or with other filters, so you can respond to almost any lighting situation.
Medium Graduated ND Filter Options:
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: ND Filters|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.