Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens for Canon EF
The Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro for Canon EF DSLR is an extreme close-up wide angle lens which captures 2.5 - 5x larger than life-size magnification that remains compact and lightweight
- Ultra high 2.5:1 to 5:1 magnification for previously unseen larger than life close-up details
- Compact and lightweight design well suited to extended handholding and manual focusing
- Deep depth of field possibilities from a wide angle FOV combined with f/16 aperture
- Close working distance of 17.3cm and 23.4cm depending on magnification
- Compact design enables you to get into tighter spaces for unique compositions
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens Canon EF Summary
The Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens is the highest magnification wide angle close-up lens for Canon EF cameras. It has been designed by Laowa to provide between 2.5 - 5x larger than life-size magnification, whilst remaining compact and lightweight enough to shoot anywhere. An extended working distance of 45mm at 2.5x and 40mm at 2x magnification lets you get in close to the subject capturing previously unseen details. Designed for either enthusiasts or professionals the 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro for Canon EF works on full frame and APS-C sensor cameras.
Features at a glance
- Ultra macro 2.5 - 5x larger than life magnification
- Compact and lightweight design weighing 400g
- Bright f/2.8 aperture up to f/22
- Great optical performance on DSLR
- Manual focusing only
- Close minimum focus distance between 17.3cm and 23.4cm
- 8 Elements in 6 groups with an 8-bladed aperture
The optical design renders good quality results, nudging up to lenses such as its Laowa 15mm f/4 Macro Lens for Canon EF stablemate. This model shines with its incredible magnification possibilities, perfect for those who seek out extra fine details or sometimes focus stack their images. The wide angle field of view gives plenty of scope for capturing the subject’s environment where a tele-macro like the 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Auto Aperture Lens will tend to isolate the subject and have more defocusing.
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens for Canon EF Sample Images
© Gil Wizen
© Nicky Bay
© YiYe Gu Zhou
What’s In The Box
- Laowa 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro Lens for Canon EF-mount
- Font and rear lens caps
There are a variety of macro options in the Canon EF lens range, but this model from Laowa combines affordability with over life-size magnification, which will appeal to many photographers. Their Ultra Macro designation is accurate with up to 5x life-sized images to be had. The results are great too, thanks to a solid build and effective optical design. If you want a shallow depth of field or work in low light the f/2.8 aperture is ideal, whilst the 8-bladed design provides pleasingly smooth defocus areas.
The lens fits both full frame and APS-C cameras, providing an equivalent focal width of 40mm on crop sensor bodies. Depending on which magnification you’re shooting at you’ll be able to get as close as 17.3cm and 23.4cm to the subject. This allows you to gain exaggerated perspectives and frame-filling larger than life details. As a fully manual lens you won’t benefit from in-body stabilisation or any focus assistance, rather relying on manual fine tuning to get the perfect results. Handholding for extended periods is a breeze as the lens weighs only 400g and you can fit into tight spaces with the compact 82mm x 65mm size. All round the 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro makes for a compelling choice for photographers to get truly unique, high magnification close-up images.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.