Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black for L Mount
The Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black for L Mount APS-C format cameras delivers good sharpness across the frame from an advanced optical design and an ultra wide angle view with low distortion results.
- Super portable and lightweight ultra wide angle pancake lens for Leica L mount cameras
- The world’s widest rectilinear pancake lens shows well controlled distortion, enabling you to capture straight lines in images
- Strong optical performance with an advanced optical design which includes special elements to render sharp details
- Crisp 10-point sunstars are rendered by a 5-bladed aperture design for striking image effects
- Close 10cm minimum focus distance for close-ups, dynamic wide angles and macro-style images
Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black for L Mount Summary
The Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black for L Mount is the perfect match for APS-C format cameras such as the Leica CL, or full-frame L mount bodies, which will change to APS-C mode. The super compact and lightweight Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black for Leica L mount adds to a comprehensive range of high quality Laowa lenses. It features a refined optical design with 4 ED glass elements which render high image quality, with an ultra wide 109.3° angle of view. This makes the 10mm f/4 Pancake for L mount users perfect for capturing a variety of subjects including landscapes, seascapes, city, travel and all-day general shooting.
You can create beautiful 10-point sunstars from the unique 5-bladed aperture design to set your images apart and the lens also displays extremely well controlled distortion, which is ideal for maintaining straight lines in images with architectural shots. 12 elements are arranged into 8 groups, with 2 aspherical and 4 extra-low dispersion elements, which render excellent results across the frame.
- Extremely compact 25mm long and lightweight 130g ultra wide angle prime
- World’s widest rectilinear pancake lens with 109.3° angle of view
- Designed with an APS-C format image circle
- High optical performance
- 10-point sunstar from a 5-bladed aperture design
- Close 10cm mi
- Built-in 37mm filter thread
Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black for Leica L mount in More Detail
Extremely compact and lightweight
With a weight of just 130g and measuring Ø59.8 x 25mm, the Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens in Black is easy to handhold and bring along for all-day shooting. It includes an equally compact 37mm filter thread, enabling you to add lens filters such as circular polarisers, UV filters and more.
High optical performance
Whichever subjects you shoot with the Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens Black you’ll benefit from impressive image quality for a pancake lens, with good flare and ghost control when shooting backlit subjects. When the lens is stopped down to f/8 sharpness is extremely high, which is ideal for subjects for which this ultra wide angle lens is intended.
Low distortion results
The Laowa 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens (black) renders 109.3° angle of view, making it the world’s widest rectilinear pancake lens at launch. This allows you to capture horizontal and vertical straight lines in buildings, streets and any other subjects with straight lines, where minimal distortion and realistic results are rendered.
Extremely close minimum focus distance
Create dynamic compositions with an extremely close 10cm minimum focus distance and 0.15x maximum magnification. This extends the versatility of the 10mm pancake for macro-style close-up images and creating subject separation from the background.
Laowa’s unique design includes an aperture diaphragm with 5 aperture blades, which creates impressive sunstars with 10 points to enhance your images.
©Alexander Martindes Chung
©Alexander Martindes Chung
|Angle of view||109.3°|
|Lens Structure||12 elements in 8 groups (4 ED elements)|
|Aperture Blades||5 blades|
|Min. Focusing Distance||100mm|
|Focus Mode||Manual (MF)|
|Dimensions for Filter Thread||Ø 37mm|
|Dimensions||About Ø 59.8mm * 25mm|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The 10mm f/4 Pancake Lens in black for Leica L mount shows Laowa diversify from their typical macro lenses. Whilst it does focus extremely closely to just 10cm it is not a macro lens, but rather an ultra wide angle prime, which is ideal for shooting landscape, travel and urban photography. It is the worlds widest rectilinear pancake lens, which allows you to capture straight lines with extremely low distortion when shooting anything with a straight edge, such as buildings or trees.
The lens resolves sharp details, especially when stopped down from the widest f/4 aperture and features an advanced optical design with special lens elements which render high quality results for crop format cameras. Ghosting and flare are well controlled and the aperture shows 10-point sunstars when shooting directly at light sources. This enables you to capture nice star effects with light sources such as the sun, moon, stars or street lights.
As a pancake lens it is naturally compact and Laowa has reduced the weight of this compact version to just 130g. This allows you to pack the lens and bring it on any excursion without weight penalty ready for inspiration.With high portability, versatility from close minimum focusing and sharp results this ultra wide angle is sure to be a hit with L mount creators.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.