LaCie 16TB 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3
LaCie 16TB 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3
If you've been looking for a powerful and versatile Thunderbolt 3 docking station that restores many of the ports and connectivity that have been removed on modern day laptops, take a look at the 16TB 2big Dock 2-Bay RAID Array Thunderbolt 3 from LaCie. The 2big Thunderbolt 3 Dock delivers a storage capacity of 16TB, which is comprised of two 8TB Seagate IronWolf Pro 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5" enterprise-class hard drives. While the 2big is compatible with Windows 10 and macOS 10.12, it comes formatted as HFS+ for Mac, and is configured as hardware-controlled RAID 0, which provides performance gains, but no data redundancy. Also supported is RAID 1 and JBOD.
The back of the 2big is equipped with two 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports and one 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-C port, all of which allow you to interface with your host system at speeds up to 440 MB/s. The Thunderbolt 3 interface can also be used to connect two 4K displays or one 5K display, as well as daisy-chain up to five additional Thunderbolt 3 peripherals together. If you need to power your laptop, the USB Type-C port provides 27W of power, while the Thunderbolt 3 interface provides 15W of power for charging USB Type-C laptops. Additionally, there is a DisplayPort interface that supports 720p, 1080p, and 4K displays.
On its front, the 2big has a built-in USB 3.0 Type-A port, which can charge your USB device or connect a USB drive or digital camera for offloading files, as well as a Compact Flash and SD card slots, allowing you to directly download content from your drone, DSLR, GoPro, and more. This dock can store hundreds of hours of 4K footage and hundreds of thousands of raw images.
The LaCie 16TB 2big Thunderbolt 3 Dock includes a Thunderbolt 3 / USB Type-C cable and an external power supply. If you want to use this dock with your USB 3.0 Type-A system, a USB 3.0 Type-C to Type-A cable is also included. Protection is provided by a limited 5-year warranty.
Please Note: Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 are only supported when Apple's Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is used with systems running macOS 10.12 Sierra or later.
The Heartbeat of Your Workflow
The LaCie 2big Dock simplifies and centralizes your desktop by connecting your laptop to your compatible peripherals using a single cable.
Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports
Power your laptop while simultaneously daisy chaining up to 5 additional LaCie 2big drives or other Thunderbolt 3 or USB Type-C solutions.
USB 3.0 Type-C Port
Universal compatibility with USB Type-C and USB 3.0 Type-A computers via the included adapter cable.
USB 3.0 Type-A Hub
Using the front-facing USB 3.0 Type-A hub, charge your phone or connect a shuttle drive or digital camera to offload footage or files.
SD and CF Card Slots
Directly ingest files from your drone, DSLR, GoPro, and other devices with the front-facing memory card slots.
Connect to high-resolution 720, 1080p, and 4K displays.
Delivering Robust Performance
With up to 16TB of capacity for a massive file library and Thunderbolt 3 transfer speeds of up to 440 MB/s, the LaCie 2big Dock is built to keep you creating.
Transfer Material Quickly
Transfer 1 hour of footage in around 1 minute, depending on the operating environment and other factors such as RAID mode, RAID configuration, chosen interface, and drive capacity.
Store up to 200,000 Raw Image Files
Store up to 200,000 raw image files, with an average file size of 100MB.
Compatible with Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 (Mac Only)
Macs with Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 ports can experience high-end transfer rates with LaCie Thunderbolt 3 professional solutions. Apple's Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (sold separately) provides a user-friendly connection between LaCie Thunderbolt 3 solutions and Macs running macOS 10.12 Sierra or later with earlier generations of Thunderbolt technology.
Tough. Ready. Scalable.
Designed with the creative professional in mind, the LaCie 2big Dock features Seagate IronWolf Pro drives and RAID optimization for improved power management and reliability. Thanks to the LaCie RAID Manager, you can monitor your system's health with audible alarm and email alerts in the case of failure and warning events.
|Offer Category: Accessories|
|Offer Product Type: Hardware|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.