HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW Telephoto Lens
From the high performance Star series, the HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW telephoto lens offers a constant aperture, weather sealing and multiple coatings for excellent images across the range.
HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW telephoto lens
This telephoto zoom lens has been developed as a new model of the PENTAX Star series, which boasts the highest image quality of all PENTAX interchangeable lenses by compensating various aberrations to a minimum. Thanks to its large-aperture design, it provides a large maximum aperture of F2.8 at all focal lengths from 70mm to 200mm. Coupled with other PENTAX-original lens-coating technologies such as the newly developed Aero Bright Coating II assuring exceptionally low reflectance, and the high-grade HD Coating it produces extra sharp, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as in backlight. In addition to four super-low dispersion glass elements and two ED (extra-low Dispersion) glass elements, its optics includes a pair of new Super ED glass elements to effectively compensate chromatic aberration over the entire zoom range and deliver crisp, high-resolution images with edge-to-edge sharpness. Its dustproof, weather-resistant body also makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
High-performance Star series lens with large F2.8 maximum aperture
This telephoto zoom lens has been developed as a new model of the high-performance Star series, which assures exceptional image rendition with edge-to-edge sharpness by effectively compensating various aberrations to a minimum. When mounted on a PENTAX K-mount SLR camera body, it provides a zoom ratio of approximately 2.9 times to cover a telephoto range from 107mm to 307mm in the 35mm format. Since it provides a large maximum aperture of F2.8 over the entire zoom range, it is ideal for portraiture with beautifully defocused foreground/background and sports photography demanding high shutter speeds to freeze the action. Its image circle is optimised to cover even the image size of 35mm film-format SLR cameras. As the result, it not only assures brilliant, high-resolution images without compromising the sharpness at edges even when mounted on an existing PENTAX digital SLR camera body, but it is also capable of accepting future models with larger image sensors without modifications.
State-of-the-art optical technology
This zoom lens is treated with the newly developed Aero Bright Coating II a lens-coating nanotechnology that employs a super-low refractive film fabrication process to assure light reflectance lower than that of the conventional Aero Bright Coating.* By coupling this advanced lens coating with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating** that reduces an average reflectance in a visible ray spectrum to less than 50% of conventional multi-layer coatings, this lens effectively reduces flare and ghost images to a minimum even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight. In its optics, it also features four super-low dispersion glass elements, two ED (extraa-low Dispersion) glass elements, and two Super ED glass elements, which have optical properties similar to fluorite and assure lower light dispersion and more effective compensation of chromatic aberration. As the result, this lens produces brilliant, high-contrast images with edge-to-edge sharpness, while effectively compensating chromatic aberration over the entire zoom range.
Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this zoom lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 13 special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles into the lens interior. By pairing it with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
Newly installed three-position switch for Quick-Shift Focus System
The lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system. In order to improve its operability, a three-position switch is newly installed on this lens, allowing instant switching among QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes. QFS/A is an autofocus-priority mode, which allows the user to switch to manual-focusing operation only when autofocus operation is completed. QFS/M is a manual-focus-priority mode, which enables the user to switch to manual focusing at any time even when the AF system is in operation. MF mode allows the user to instantly switch to manual focusing with a simple twist of the focus ring on the lens. With a choice of three distinctive modes, the user is assured of speedier, more accurate focusing operation for a given subject or application.
- Smooth, quiet AF operation using a lens-installed AF driving motor
- Round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources
- Focus range limiter to minimise AF operation time by fixing the focus range to one of three sub-ranges
- SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains
- Detachable tripod mounting with a newly designed anti-falling mechanism
HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW (Black) Specifications
Telephoto zoom lens
f/2.8 - f/22
APPROX. 203MM X 91.5MM
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Pentax Lenses K mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 92|
|Length (mm): 203|
|Weight (g): 1755|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: Yes|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 70 - 200 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 77 mm|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Pentax K|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 200|
|Maximum magnification: 0.13|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/2.8|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/22|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: HD, AB, Super Protect coatings|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: Zoom lens|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: Extending (rotary)|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.