HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR Wide Angle Zoom Lens
Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA 15-30mm F2.8ED SDM WR Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens SUMMARY
* Focal length of 23-46mm when mounted on a Pentax APS-C size DSLR body
|Product features in detail|
The Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA 15-30mm F2.8ED SDM WR ultra-wide-angle zoom lens has a large F2.8 maximum aperture over its whole zoom range, and a focal length of 15mm ultra-wide-angle to 30mm wide-angle.
It is designed to accommodate the image circle of a large 35mm full-frame image sensor, such as the Pentax K1 DSLR.
It has 18 lens elements in 13 groups with 3 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements and 3 aspherical optical elements which produce high resolution, high contrast images - even at the edge of the image field - and minimise chromatic aberration, coma, and distortion.
Thanks to its 9-blade rounded aperture, it produces beautiful bokeh with minimised streaking effects from point light sources, and can capture images with a pronounced sense of depth - even in macro photography at its lowest focusing distance of 28 cm.
The F2.8ED SDM WR incorporates a new SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) for fast, quiet autofocusing. It also features a Quick-Shift Focus System for immediate switching from AF to MF operation - activated by holding the shutter-release halfway and turning the focus ring - once your subject has been captured by its autofocus system.
It is treated with a high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating which guarantees increased light transmittance and less reflections, for images without flare and ghosting - even when in backlit conditions. It also has an SP (Super Protect) Coating on the front surface of the lens which repels grease and water. Thanks to the special seals throughout its body, it is weather-resistant, so can be used in all kinds of outdoor situations.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Pentax Lenses K mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 99|
|Length (mm): 144|
|Weight (g): 1040|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 15 - 30 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 30|
|Maximum magnification: 0.2|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 15|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.28|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three ED and aspherical elements + HD and SP coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.