Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens
The Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens provides perspective control for the first time with medium format GFX cameras, whilst featuring a premium optical design and excellent build quality to deliver superb results.
- First wide angle tilt shift lens for the GFX medium format system which offers perspective control and creative opportunities
- Equivalent 24mm focal width for architectural, landscape and product photography which reduces converging lines
- Advanced optics control perspective distortion and reduce chromatic aberrations often associated with T/S lenses
- Includes time-saving features such as a built-in sensor, which records image data and tripod mount to reduce parallax
- Innovative revolving design allows for rotation in any direction as well as large 15mm shift for architectural photographers
Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens Summary
Arriving alongside the flagship GFX 100 II Medium Format Camera while bringing perspective control to the GFX system for the first time, is the premium Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens. This specialist lens features a large 85mm image circle that covers the high-resolution 43.8mm x 32.9mm sensor found in the latest Fuji medium format cameras and it offers the highest possible shift of 15mm for architectural photographers.
Although most commonly used for architecture, a tilt-shift lens also provides creative control over the focus point, extended depth of field for anything from product to landscape photography, as well as preventing vertical lines from merging due to perspective shifts.
Fujifilm crafted an exceptional first T/S medium format GF lens in the GF 30mm f/5.6, which includes premium optics to reduce distortion and chromatic aberrations typical of this type of model. It also provides useful features such as a fully revolving design for tilt/shift in any direction, along with a built-in sensor that records data for reduced time spent correcting colour during post processing.
Ghosting is well controlled when shooting backlit subjects due to a Nano GI coating and nano glass surface, and the lens includes a tripod mount, which maintains the central axis for reduced parallax effect, yet again saving on post processing requirements.
Key Fujifilm GF 30mm F5.6 T/S Features
- Covers the image circle of a 44x33 medium format sensor
- Equivalent 24mm focal width (35mm format)
- Premium optics correct distortion and magnification chromatic aberrations
- Nano surface with Nano GI coating suppresses ghosting
- 15mm shift ideal for architecture is greater than comparable lenses
- Built-in sensor records shift amount and rotation angle
- Tripod mount reduces the need for post-processing through reduced parallax and more accurate stitching
- Revolving design for tilt / shift in any direction
- 9-blade aperture design with rounded diaphragm opening
- Optics feature 16 elements in 11 groups (includes 3 aspherical, 1 super ED and 2 ED elements)
- 105mm filter thread (uses adapter ring)
- Weighs 1,340g
Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens in More Detail
Advanced optical design
The Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens is constructed with 16 lens elements arranged in 11 groups. This includes three aspherical elements, two ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) elements, and one Super ED element.
The lens features a strategic optical design that leverages a large aperture aspherical element as the front element and incorporates three ED elements. This advanced configuration effectively eliminates the need for electronic correction of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration.
Moreover, it efficiently addresses spherical aberration, comatic aberration, and field curvature to an exceptional degree. The result is edge-to-edge sharpness, even when utilising tilt and shift functions.
Reduced ghosting and flare
The inclusion of Fujifilm's exclusive Nano GI Coating technology provides precise control over the refractive index on the lens surface, effectively minimising undesired light reflections and diminishing the occurrence of ghosting and flare. This is a common concern, especially in wide-angle lenses, and the Nano GI Coating helps mitigate these optical issues.
Medium format tilting and shifting
The lens allows for tilting within a range of ±8.5° and shifting of up to ±15mm, offering control over the focal plane and perspective of the subject. Additionally, it features a revolving operation that enables changes in tilting and shifting directions within ±90°. This T/S revolving operation also allows adjustments in the angle of tilting and shifting direction, ranging from perpendicular to parallel, within 0°- 90°. This flexibility provides photographers with a high degree of creative freedom when composing shots with a large medium format sensor.
Fujifilm has fitted the lens with a built-in sensor that detects the degree of shifting and revolving movements. This data can be checked in Live View and is recorded into image data so that it can be used during RAW processing.
Despite the trend of wide-angle lenses being bulky, Fuji has managed to maintain a compact size for this lens. It covers an approximately 85mm image circle and measures just 138.5mm in length while weighing 1,340g.
This compact design was achieved through the strategic placement of the lens elements in 11 groups. The lens also employs a large aperture aspherical element as its front element, enabling it to accommodate a versatile 105mm filter thread. This filter thread size allows photographers to use various lens filters to suit different shooting scenarios, including landscape photography.
Includes a tripod collar for reduced parallax
The Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens comes with a custom-made tripod collar. Even during shifting, the collar helps to maintain the subject’s position in relation to the lens, which prevents parallax and facilitates accurate stitching of multiple images.
What’s in the box
- Fujifilm GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Lens for medium format GFX cameras
- Front lens cap FLCP-77
- Rear lens cap RLCP-002
- Lens hood
- Adapter ring
- Adapter ring cap FLCP-105
- Tripod collar foot
- Lens pouch
|Offer Category: N/A
|Offer Product Type: N/A
|Aperture ring: N/A
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): N/A
|Length (mm): N/A
|Weight (g): N/A
|Distance scale: N/A
|DoF scale: N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: N/A
|Focal length: 30 mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: N/A
|Hood supplied: N/A
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 30
|Maximum magnification: N/A
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 30
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: N/A
|Tripod collar: N/A
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: Yes
|Best For Interior and Architecture: Yes
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: N/A
|Best For Macro and Still Life: Yes
|Best For Astro: N/A
|Best For Street: N/A
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: N/A
|Zoom lock: N/A
|Zoom method: N/A
With extremely high-resolution medium format cameras in the line-up, Fujifilm has developed a wide angle tilt shift lens catering to architectural and landscape photographers who shoot with, or are considering the system. Together with the GF 110mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Macro, this wide angle Fujifilm GF 110mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift Macro Lens fills a gap in the range, providing exceptional image quality and versatile features within a specialist design.
Although typically utilised for architecture, a tilt shift lens of this type is perfectly suitable for landscape photographers who demand non converging lines and effortless panoramas, and they are even used for capturing portraits, as well as product photography and table-top shots.
Fujifilm has employed advanced optics to control distortions and aberrations, as well as designing the lens with practical, time-saving features such as a custom-made tripod mount, which reduces the effects of parallax. There’s also a built-in sensor to record image data, which helps when correcting colours, along with a fully revolving design for tilt and shift in any direction.
If you harness the incredible image quality from the latest Fujifilm GFX sensors and capture subjects suited to this type of lens, the GF 30mm f/5.6 Tilt Shift will no doubt exceed any expectations you might have. It will also save time during editing for happier clients and help you get back in the field more quickly.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!