- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Celestron AstroMaster 80AZ Short Refractor Telescope
The compact, lightweight Celestron AstroMaster 80AZ is a Short Refractor Telescope with fully coated glass optics and two eyepieces for terrestrial and celestial viewing of star clusters and nebulae.
Earn 230 Park Points
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Celestron AstroMaster 80AZ Short Refractor Telescope Summary
- 80mm short refractor telescope with fully coated glass optics and a lightweight frame.
- Accessories include: two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), erect image diagonal, and red dot finderscope.
- Observe in no time with a quick and easy no-tool setup.
- Pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing.
- Adjustable height tripod includes an accessory tray.
The AstroMaster 80AZS is a short refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing. The short focal length is ideal for viewing star clusters and nebulae, while the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. An included accessory tray will help you keep track of eyepieces and other small items while observing.
The total telescope kit weighs in at just 10 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The AstroMaster 80AZS comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), erect image diagonal, and finderscope. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The red dot finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length:||400mm (15.74")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:||20mm (0.78")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1:||20x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2:||10mm (0.4")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2:||40x|
|Barlow Lens:||Not Included|
|Finderscope:||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Star Diagonal:||Erect Image, 90° (1.25")|
|Highest Useful Magnification:||189x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification:||11x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||12|
|Resolution (Rayleigh):||1.74 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes):||1.45 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye):||131x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction:||25mm (1")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area:||0.0496|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter:||0.22|
|Optical Coatings:||Fully Coated|
|Optical Tube Length:||711.2mm (28")|
|Optical Tube Diameter:||TBD|
|Optical Tube Weight:||2.8 lbs (1.27 kg)|
|Dovetail:||CG-5 Dovetail bar|
|Mount Type:||Manual Alt Azimuth|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod):||812.8mm - 1295.4mm (32"-51")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter:||31.75mm (1.25") steel legs|
|Tripod Weight:||7.6 lbs (3.44 kg)|
|Dovetail Compatibility:||CG-5 saddle plate|
|Software:||Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software | SkyPortal App|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight:||10.4 lbs (4.71 kg)|
|Included Items:||Optical tube | Mount and tripod (preassembled) | 20mm and 10mm eyepiece | StarPointer™ red dot finderscope | Erect image diagonal | Manual|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.