Canon XF605 4K Pro Broadcast Camcorder
The XF605 is the latest compact 4K Professional Broadcast Camcorder from Canon with 4K UHD 4:2:2 10-bit XF-AVC recording, 12G-SDI Interface and UHD H.265 IP Streaming capable as well as AI-powered AF.
Pre-order today for first UK stock. Available for delivery from early Oct.
Park Points not available on this purchase.
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Broadcast quality 4K UHD 4:2:2 10-bit XF-AVC Recording, Canon Log 3, HDR (PQ/HLG)
- 4K performance for professionals working in news, sports and documentary
- Dual Pixel AI-powered autofocus for Eye tracking keeping up even when the subject turns away
- Advanced connectivity through 12G-SDI, Wi-Fi and Ethernet for IP streaming
- Compact pro video camera well suited to studio work and shooting out in the field
Canon XF605 4K Pro Video Camcorder Summary
The compact Canon XF605 is a professional broadcast camcorder for solo shooters who work fast either in the field or in the studio. Canon has added AI-powered autofocus with the x15 (4K UHD) x30 (FHD) zoom lens, advanced connectivity and broadcast image quality making it an excellent choice for 4K ENG. The XF605 is capable of capturing 4K UHD 60P/50P in 4:2:2 10-bit XF-AVC from its combination of 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV7 processor. It will also deliver MP4 as well as FHD 120P HFR for exceptional image quality and post-production flexibility. The Canon XF605 creates a completely new choice for broadcast professionals who want 4K performance for news, sports and documentary.
- 4K UHD 60P/50P at up to 410Mbps in XF-AVC or MP4
- Canon Log 3, HDR (PQ/HLG)
- Continuous 120P high frame rate in Full HD
- 1.0-inch Type CMOS sensor
- HLG/PQ internal HDR recording and output
- 25.5-382.5mm wide angle 4K 15x L-Series zoom lens
- Accurate and reliable AI-powered autofocus with Dual Pixel AF
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet port
- 12G-SDI terminal with single cable 4K UHD transfer
- Built in ND 1/4, ND 1/16, and ND 1/64
Canon XF605 4K Pro Broadcast Camcorder in More Detail
The Canon XF605 is a great choice for News gathering, Sports shooters, Documentary filming, Corporate productions, Event camera operators, Studio productions and Streaming.
The 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV7 processor work together to deliver 4K UHD 60P/50P in 4:2:2 10-bit XF-AVC and MP4 as well as FHD 120P HFR with exceptional image quality and flexibility in post-production suited to broadcast professionals.
Professional optics and zoom control
The 4K ready L-Series lens resolves fine details with the 15x optical zoom and is equipped with independent rings for zoom, focus and Iris control. Three Image Stabilisation modes are included as well as built-in ND and infrared filters for even greater control in a range of lighting conditions.
You can acquire pin-sharp focus on your subject’s eyes with Eye tracking AF and intelligent head tracking via EOS iTR AF X. This is Canon’s innovative ‘deep learning’ Ai technology which tracks a subject’s head, even when they are looking away.
Professional connectivity and streaming
The XF605 seamlessly integrates into live and offline environments with 12G-SDI, Wi-Fi and Ethernet for IP streaming. The Content Transfer Mobile app enables editing of News ML-G2 standard compliant metadata, transferring footage to your iPhone and direct uploading to FTP servers.
Intuitive controls and customisation
Stay in control and customise the XF605 to your needs with Independent controls and 11 assignable buttons. The enhanced touchscreen interface allows for quick and intuitive control of menu navigation, on-screen settings and playback. A new multi-function accessory shoe opens opportunities for additional accessories with expanded capabilities to be added.
Capture an expanded dynamic range in Canon Log 3 for post-production flexibility, or shoot directly in broadcast-ready PQ or HLG HDR formats. Simultaneous recording to dual SD cards in a variety of formats offers maximum flexibility for your production needs.
Shared colour science
Canon’s XF605 supports the same colour science as Canon’s Cinema EOS and EOS R System ranges. This reduces the time needed to match colour in post-production when using footage from multiple camera ranges.
What’s in the box
- Canon XF605 4K Pro Broadcast Camcorder
- Lens hood with barrier
- Lens Cap
- Mic holder unit
- Eye Cup, AC Cable
- Compact Power Adapter (CA-200L)
- Battery Charger (CG-A20)
- Battery Pack BP-A30
The newer XF605 pro video camera has a lot in common with its larger sibling the Canon XF705. A key difference is that the XF605 records 4K UHD 4:2:2 10-bit XF-AVC rather than 10-bit XF-HEVC, but weighs 650 g less and is considerably more compact. It boasts the same 8.29MP 1-inch Type CMOS sensor, paired with a DIGIC DV7 Processor. The ability to record XF-AVC at 410Mbps or HEVC (225Mbps) sets it apart with ample room for broadcast professionals to record high data-compression rates without sacrificing any image quality. Dual Pixel AF is gathering momentum as one of the most accurate Eye tracking AF tools around, particularly with Canon’s deep learning algorithms in full flow.
It is easy to keep up with subjects virtually anywhere with the 15x L-Series zoom lens in 4K UHD which reaches x30 for FHD. Four levels of built-in ND filters assist during variable lighting conditions, and the camera also offers image stabilisation. 12G-SDI allows you to transfer 4K UHD on a single wire and there’s also UHD H.265 IP Streaming. If you are a solo shooter working across a range of broadcast disciplines this could be just the compact solution you’ve been waiting for.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.