Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Manual Focus Tilt Shift Macro Lens
The TS-E 135mm f/4.0L is the furthest reaching tilt-shift macro lens from Canon. It provides reduced distortion and greater depth of field for more distant subjects, with L series optics and quality.
- Exciting opportunity of telephoto focal length with tilt-shift controls
- L-series build and optical quality
- Complex lens designed with the studio in mind
Canon TS-E 135mm f/4.0L Macro Lens Summary
- Macro Tilt-Shift Lens with 135mm Focal Length
- Constant f/4 aperture
- Part of the Canon L-Series Range ensuring exceptional optical and build quality
- Control plane of focus physically allowing for in-camera creativity
- Longer reach ideal for use with complex lighting setups
- Macro characteristics suitable for product photography
- 1:2 ratio (0.5x magnification)
- Manual focus only
- 11 lens elements in 7 groups
- Filter thread: 82mm
- Minimum focus distance: 49cm
- Aperture range of f/4 to f/45
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Compatible with Canon DSLR Cameras
Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Macro Lens in Detail
This longer focal length tilt-and-shift lens offers unique ways to control perspective and plane of focus thanks to carefully calibrated movements, outstanding optical engineering and precision moulded glass lenses for low distortion, exceptional edge-to-edge definition and macro down to 1:2 ratio.
Direct focus to a small part of the subject or maximise depth-of-field; this is a useful and very convenient way to creatively direct the viewer's attention to where you want it most and is a unique characteristic of a tilt-and-shift lens.
Overcome the convergence of verticals without having to reposition the camera thanks to the special characteristics of the tilt-shift lens with its intricate adjustable lens movements. A conventional lens with no movements will record the verticals of a tall subject, such as a building or a group of trees, with a certain degree of distortion depending on how close you are. The lens' shift feature allows you to overcome this.
Maximise realistic detail even in close-up photography, with a lens that can focus up to half life-size.
Ensure your subject is perfectly in proportion thanks to precise incremental movements built into the lens allowing careful fine-tuning of both plane of focus and subject perspective.
Record the finest detail using the very latest L-series lens technologies. The TS-E range of lenses are constructed to match the performance of Canon high-resolution sensors.
Large diameter, high precision, moulded glass aspherical lenses are used to reduce distortion as much as possible with an Sub wavelength coating to minimise ghosting and flare.
Achieve exceptional focus and shoot with realism and clarity thanks to the versatility of a lens boasting a 0.5x maximum magnification.
The TS-E 135MM F/4L MACRO is an ideal studio lens with a greater reach to give you room for lighting set ups and boasts an exceptional tilt and shift range designed to give you ultimate shooting flexibility
Canon 135mm f/4L Macro Tilt Shift Lens features:
- Control focus precisely for clever creative effects
- Correct perspective and verticals quickly and accurately in-camera
- Adjust focus detail in macro shots with 1:2 ratio
- Optical excellence with advanced lens design and construction
- Achieve better portrait and product images with ultimate sharpness
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 89|
|Length (mm): 139|
|Weight (g): 1110|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 135 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 135|
|Maximum magnification: 0.5|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 135|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.49|
|Minimum aperture (number): 45|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Molded glass aspherical and UD elements + SWC and ASC coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Launching as part of an exciting team of three new Macro capable Tilt-Shift lenses, the 135mm is designed with the studio in mind, and owing to a longer minimum focus distance (albeit still short for this focal length) than its siblings, will be right at home with product shoots requiring complex lighting setups.
It is pushing the boundaries of a focal length that is suitable for portraiture, however it isn't out of the question at 135mm to be able to get some excellent head shots with a vast opportunity for creativity with this exciting lens.
The macro ratio of 1:2 means that you can get closer to your subjects, hence the macro classification of this lens - plus why Canon are suggesting that this is an ideal lens for taking product photos.
Non macro tilt shift lenses might lose quality as you get closer owing to smaller maximum magnification possibilities, and a longer minimum focus distance.
Definitely a lens for the more experienced photographer, Tilt Shift lenses are useful for minimising distortion in your imagery thanks to granular control by shifting the lens.
When shooting your subject, especially useful in the case of products, you can limit focus or increase depth of field to make sure that your products pop out exactly where you want them to.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.