Canon Speedlite 470EX AI Flashgun
The Canon Speedlite 470EX AI is the first camera flash with Auto Intelligence. Its motorised bounce head automatically adjusts itself to the correct angle ensuring your images have natural and flattering lighting.
- The all new Auto Intelligent Bounce in full auto mode – no fuss!
- Easy to read and use
- Remote operation which can be easily personalised
- Amazing quality lighting leading to beautiful photos on even the widest scenes
Canon Speedlite 470EX AI Flashgun Summary
Take the fuss out of flash with a Speedlite that lights like a pro
The powerful mid-range Canon Speedlite 470EX AI offers an exciting way to take professionally-lit portraits quickly. The Auto Intelligent (AI) Bounce has full auto and semi auto modes, with the flash working out the optimum bounce position and then automatically swivelling the motorised head to eliminate unwanted shadows.
Coupled with Canon’s tried and tested remote technologies and crystal clear dot LCD display this flash enables you to take beautiful images every time with minimal setup and adjustment.
- AI technology with full and semi auto modes
- Wide lens coverage from 24mm to 105mm
- Wireless Optical receiver and 19 custom functions
- Clear dot matrix LCD with intuitive user interface
- Maximum Guide No. 47m for a greater lighting reach
This latest addition to the Canon Speedlight family builds on the well loved characteristics of the series:
- Powerful, yet compact enough to take anywhere
- Simple controls and an intuitive interface
- Use remote flash to create the look you want
- Shoot flattering portraits using bounced light
- Integrates with other Speedlites as part of the EOS Family
Canon Speedlite 470EX AI Flashgun Features in Detail
This powerful mid-range Speedlite offers an exciting way to take professionally-lit portraits quickly. Thanks to a motorised bounce head that automatically adjusts itself to ensure the correct angle, natural flattering, lighting is assured.
Auto Intelligent (AI) Bounce with Full Auto and Semi Auto modes
- Flash automatically works out optimum bounce position
- Motorised head swivels to eliminate unwanted shadows
- Improves workflow even for time-pressured professionals
Maximum Guide No. 47m for a greater lighting reach
- High-quality images over a longer range assured even when bouncing
- Fast and silent recycling times
- Powered by 4 AA batteries
Wide lens coverage from 24mm to 105mm
- Light even the widest scenes with high quality illumination
- 14mm adapter allows you to spread the light even wider
- Clip-on bounce adapter included to further soften the lighting
Wireless Optical receiver and 19 custom functions
- Trigger your Speedlite remotely and link to other units for creative lighting
- Personalise the flash to your desired settings via 19 custom functions
Clear dot matrix LCD with intuitive user interface
- The dot-matrix display enables a display of characters for more detailed information
- LCD panel displays all the flash settings and is very easy to read
- Shortcut buttons and a control wheel provide fast access to settings
Canon Speedlite 470EX AI Specifications
- Auto: AI - Auto Intelligent
- Fully and Semi Auto: AI-Bounce function
- Guide No.47m: Lighting reach
- 24-105mm: Lens coverage
- 14mm Lens coverage: Via adaptor
- Optical remote: Flash
- Clear dot: Matrix LCD
- 385g: Weight
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Studio Lighting|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Fit Flashguns|
|Guide number: N/A|
|Pan/tilt Head: N/A|
|Zoom head: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
This Canon Speedlight 470EX AI is the first camera flash to incorporate automatic intelligence and as such represents a major breakthrough in flash technology. The automated features can improve efficiency and workflow for beginners to professionals, leaving you to spend time taking amazing photos rather than tinkering with flash angles and settings.
As with the other members of the Canon Speedlight family you receive great usability, accessories, range of lenses and lighting quality when using the 470EX AI.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.