- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Defocus Smoothing Lens
The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS defocus smoothing lens captures the softest out-of-focus areas and buttery smooth bokeh, almost like gaussian blur in your images, whilst retaining a pin sharp subject.
Earn 3499 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Pin sharp results from several high quality optical elements
- Silky smooth bokeh and out of focus areas
- Bright, fast f/1.2 aperture
- Very practical lens control ring
- Excellent build quality and weather sealing
Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS Lens Summary
Continuing with the development of their RF mirrorless lens line-up is the newly announced Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS lens. This high performance prime has been designed with portrait photographers in mind, featuring a unique defocus smoothing coating (DS). This works by pushing the concept of bokeh further, and is most prominent with the aperture wide open at f/1.2. Whilst the subject remains pin sharp thanks to several high quality lens elements, out of focus areas melt away into buttery smooth bokeh. The DS coating is applied to two of the lens elements and progressively smooths the edges of out-of-focus areas as the aperture is opened up.
This 85mm employs a host of advanced optics in order to achieve the sharpest and most high contrast results for subjects in the plane of focus. These include ‘Special Blue Spectrum Refractive' (BR) optics, which remove colour aberrations. Canon also added aspherical and UD elements, together with an ASC coating, which prevents flare and ghosting. There is no noticeable distortion from this prime lens, further enhancing its' abilities to capture beautiful portraits.
Focussing is aptly handled by the tried and tested, fast and smooth USM motor. When coupled with EOS R full-frame cameras, focus acquisition is noticeably quick. The addition of a control ring allows the user to change a series of camera settings directly from the lens, never having to move the eye away from the EVF. This feature is perfect for never missing a moment.
Overall build quality readily lives up to the professional quality L-series labelling with weather sealing as well as dust and water resistant fluorine coatings. This will appeal to outdoor portrait and wedding photographers who work in all weather.
Features in Detail
- Image size: Full Frame
- Angle of view: 24º, 16º, 28º 30
- Lens construction: 13/9
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: 16
- Closest focussing distance (m): 0.85
- Distance Information: YES
- AF actuator: USM
- Dust/moisture resistance: YES
- Filter diameter (mm): 82mm
- Max. diameter x length (mm): 103.2 x 117.3
- Weight (g): 1195
This lens is also available with identical specifications aside from defocus capabilities in the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 103|
|Length (mm): 117|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 85 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 85|
|Maximum magnification: 0.12|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.2|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 85|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.85|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: BR Optical elements in one location, one UD, one ground aspherical lens|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
The RF 85mm f/1.2L lens is a most welcome addition for EOS R photographers who shoot weddings, portraits or fashion. This is an incredibly well constructed unit, with excellent optics geared towards capturing stunning indoor and outdoor portraits. The DS coating is a unique way of achieving beautiful out of focus areas, whilst aspherical and UD elements look after tack sharp subjects.
The USM focus motor works exceptionally well with Canon's mirrorless bodies, and a control ring allows the photographer to keep shooting whilst accessing essential camera settings via the lens itself. This lens allows photographers to refine their portraits and provides a new way of capturing memorable images for clients, family and friends.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.