Canon IS WP 10x42L Image Stabilised Binoculars
The 10x42L IS WP binoculars are the first from Canon to be engraved with the hallowed red L-series ring: a mark until now reserved for Canon's finest professional photographic lenses; the pinnacle of Canon's 60 year heritage in precision optics design and manufacture.
Raising optical performance standards, the binoculars feature 2 Ultra-low Dispersion glass (UD) lens elements on each side. Developed by Canon, these elements are effective in eliminating chromatic aberration - the rainbow-like distortion that affects lesser quality binoculars. The result is super bright, high contrast, 10x magnification viewing clarity.
To suppress vibrations caused by viewing hand-held, on moving vehicles or boats, the 10x42L IS WP binoculars include Canon's Vari-Angle Prism (VAP) Image Stabilizer (IS). Tiny gyros detect the slightest movements, while a microprocessor controls a special prism to correct the refraction angle of incoming light.
Designed to survive the toughest outdoor conditions, the 10x42L IS WP binoculars are fully waterproof. The design incorporates a distinctive easy-grip for wet conditions, and a robust rubber coating to withstand all your adventures.
To prevent fogging on internal lens elements caused by the ingress of moisture, all exterior surfaces are treated with a special metallic coating. This works in concert with special O-rings and use of waterproof adhesives on all external contact points to prevent water molecules permeating the outside casing.
All the lens element surfaces are treated with Canon's Super Spectra coatings. These ensure vivid high contrast images with accurate colour balance by eliminating unwanted internal reflections that cause 'ghosting' (secondary images) and 'flare' (low contrast, washed out images). The exceptionally large 4.2mm exit pupil allows a bright field of view in low light conditions.
Every aspect of the 10x42L IS WP binoculars is designed around viewing comfort. A wide 65° angle of view gets plenty of horizon into view, while a 16mm Long Eye Relief minimises vignetting (or the 'tunnel effect') that can affect prescription glasses wearers. A correction lock prevents unintentional dioptric correction errors, and the extending eye-cups can be rotated for customised fitting.
|Offer Category: Optics|
|Offer Product Type: Binoculars|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Scope Close focus (m): N/A|
|Scope Eyerelief (mm): N/A|
|Focal length (mm): N/A|
|Scope Lens coating: N/A|
|Max magnification: N/A|
|Min magnification: N/A|
|Scope Objective lens (mm): N/A|
|Scope Type: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.