Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Digital SLR Camera Body
This product has been discontinued.
Never miss a moment with the flagship EOS-1DX Mark II, Canons most advanced DSLR. This body is a pro workhorse producing amazing images ideal for wildlife & sports thanks to Dual DIGIC 6+ processors.
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
- The 4K 60p video with 8.8 MP frame grab feature
- Its built-in GPS functionality
- The 16 frames per second continuous shooting in Live View
Canon EOS-1DX MK 2 DSLR SUMMARY
- 20.2 map CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6+ processors
- New mirror drive system
- Ultra high-speed continuous shooting up to 14fps and 16fps in Live View mode
- 4K video up to 60p recorded to new generation CFast 2.0 media
- 4K frame grab produces 8.8 map stills
- Fast, accurate, and intelligent AF with AI Servo AF III+ and 61 AF points - even at f/8, all 61 AF points with 21 cross-type points are selectable**
- Expanded 61-point AF with 41 individually selectable cross-type points, illuminated red in EVF
- 3.2" 1,620k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor
- ISO sensitivity from 100-51,200 (expandable to 409,600)
- Built-in GPS logs and IPTC input support
- Dust and drip-proof design
- Data transfer via built-in Ethernet, SuperSpeed USB3.0, or over WiFi*
*Via optional WFT-E8 (5Ghz band supported) or WFT-E6
**61 autofocus and cross-type autofocus points with select lenses only
Compatible Canon lenses (excluding EF-S / EF-M lenses)
Product features in detail
The Canon EOS-1DX MK2 has a 20.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which raises the bar for professional digital SLR cameras. It captures incredibly sharp and detailed high resolution images with high dynamic range and low noise, even in low-light conditions.
image processors, mirror drive, and continuous shooting
The EOS-1D X MKII features Canon's latest generation dual DIGIC 6+ processors which deliver natural, vivid colours, smooth tonal gradations, and improved noise reduction at high ISO. Together with the new half mirror quick-return mirror drive system, they produce the most advanced image processing ever, and enable high-speed continuous shooting at up to 14fps and 16fps in Live View mode with a generous 170 images capable of being stored in the buffer, so you'll never miss that decisive moment.
One of the most exciting aspects of the EOS-1D X Mark 2 is the addition of 4K video capability at 30p or 60p, which is recorded internally onto the new generation CFast 2.0 storage media (the camera has 1 CFast slot as well as 1 Compact Flash slot). The Dual Pixel CMOS AF allows for smooth focusing transitions when shooting video. Additionally, slow motion recording is now available.
Perhaps even more impressive is its ability to take 4K frame grab 8.8 megapixel stills from a 4K video, which will surely be a revelation to long-term Canon fans.
Tracking and focusing on the EOS-1D X MK2 is lightning fast and super accurate with AI Servo AF III+ and 61 AF points. Even at f/8, all 61 AF points with 21 cross-type points are selectable (61 autofocus and cross-type autofocus points are available with select lenses only), which is not only invaluable but is also a first for Canon cameras
The expanded 61-point autofocus has 41 individually selectable cross-type points, including 5 dual cross type points at f/2.8. Cross-type points are illuminated in red in the viewfinder, and the autofocus reacts to both subject and camera movement for unrivalled levels of precision.
The 3.2 inch 1,620k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is coated with anti-smudge and anti-reflection reinforced glass, so performs exceptionally well even in bright sunlight. It has a viewing angle of approximately 170° horizontally and vertically, and brightness is adjustable manually to one of 7 levels. If necessary, the touchscreen can be disabled.
ISO sensitivity ranges from 100-51,200 in one-third or whole stop increments and can be expanded to L:50, h2: 102,400, H2: 204,800, and H3: 409,600 for unprecedented performance in low-light situations.
Cataloguing your images is easy on the 1D X Mark II, as it includes built-in GPS logs and IPTC input support for accurate image tagging. Longitude, latitude, elevation, and coordinated universal time are all logged, and position accuracy is with 30 metres. The camera can also continue to receive GPS signals when the power is turned off.
The EOS-1D X MKII has a robust construction which is both dust and drip-proof, and features magnesium alloy body covers. It can operate from 0° to 45° C at 85% or less humidity. The weight of the camera body is 1340g, and its dimensions are 158 x 167.6 x 82.6mm.
You can manage your images at high speed on the EOS-1D X MK2 using data transfer over built-in Ethernet, SuperSpeed USB3.0, or Wi-Fi via the optional WFT-E8 (5GHz band supported) or WFT-E6 wireless file transmitters.
what else is included in the box?
- Eyecup Eg
- LP-E19 Battery Pack (with protective cover)
- LC-E19 Battery Charger
- Wide Strap
- IFC-150U II Interface Cable
- Cable Protector
- Canon WFT-E8B
- Canon WFT-E6
- Canon LP-E19 Battery Pack
- Canon LC-E19 Battery Charger
- Canon AC-E19 AC Adapter
- Canon DR-E19 DC Coupler
- Canon EC-C6 focusing Screen
- Canon Eyecup EG
- Canon Eg-series Dioptric Adjustiment Lens with Rubber Frame Eg
- Canon EG Anti-Fog Eyepiece
- Canon angle Finder C
- Canon Speedlites (90EX, 220EX, 270EX, 270EX II, 320EX, 380EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 430EX III, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX, 600EX-RT, Macro-ring-Lite MR-14EX, Macro ring Lite MR-14EX II, Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, SpeedliteTransmitter ST-E2, SpeedliteTransmitter ST-E3-RT)
- Canon Remote Controller / Switch
- Canon Remote Control with N3 type contact
- Canon Wireless Controller LC-5 and Speedlite600EX-RT
- Canon Hand Strap E2
- Canon Connect Station CS100
With newly added features such as 4K video with 8.8 megapixel frame grab options, 16fps continuous shooting, 1,210 shots per charge, and ultra-fast focusing, the EOS-1DX sets a new bar for professional photography. Wildlife and sports photographers will love its speed, quality, GPS functionality, and the unbelievable images it produces.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.