Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens
With an innovative built-in LED Macro Lite on the front, the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 macro IS STM lens from Canon offers extra lighting for shooting life-size magnification macro scenes.
- Life-size macro magnification
- Controllable, high-quality built-in LED lighting
- Stabilised for superb image qualityâ even handheld
- Perfect for shooting stable and smooth video too
- Versatile and capable lens for all kinds of photography
Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Macro Lite Lens Summary
- 35mm focal length
- Compatible with Canon APS-C crop factor DSLR cameras
- Innovative integrated macro lite ring on the lens
- Suitable for macro photography and portraiture
- Compact and lightweight
- Minimum focus distance of only 3cm
- Incredible 1:1 maximum magnification
- 7 blade circular aperture for smooth bokeh
- Built-in optical image stabilisation
- Filter thread of 49mm when used with the lens hood
- Dimensions (diameter x length): 69.2mm x 55.8mm
- Weight: 190g
Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens Features in Detail
An innovative macro lens from Canon, the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens for APS-C cameras allows you to explore macro photography in a new light.
With two LED lights built-in to either side of the lens, and a minimum focusing distance of only 3cm, you can capture beautiful macro objects at an incredible 1:1 life-size magnification.
The built-in LED Macro Lite lets you control the lighting of your shot for a new perspective. With two lights on either side, you can turn one or both on and switch them from dim to bright with ease.
Thanks to Optical image Stabilisation and Hybrid IS, shooting steady and smooth handheld footage is easy and means you won't have to worry about camera shake.
The near-silent STM autofocus enables you to shoot incredible close-up video footage and create professional-looking pull-focus transitions.
The EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens also does an outstanding job with portraiture and street photography, offering a 35mm full frame equivalent field of view of 56mm.
Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens Specifications
|Lens Type||35mm Standard Angle Macro Lens|
|Focal length range||35mm (56mm full frame equivalent)|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 - f/32|
|Filter Size||49mm (attaches to Lens hood)|
|Compatible cameras||Canon APS-C eF-S mount|
|Dimensions||69.2 x 55.8mm|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 69|
|Length (mm): 56|
|Weight (g): 190|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 35|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.03|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Glass-molded aspheric element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Canon's innovative LED Macro Lite brings a new dimension to macro photography, letting you get up close with macro objects and allowing you to easily control the lighting direct from the lens.
Adding that extra light to your macro scene can make the difference between a flat and dull image to a vibrant and exciting image the LED Macro Lite on the front of the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 can be controlled so either one or both lights are on and the brightness can be set from dim to bright.
With a 35mm equivalent focal length of 56mm, this lens is also superb for street photography and portraiture, making it a versatile option for any EF-S APS-C Canon camera .
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.