Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
Next generation handheld 6K digital film camera with 13 stops of dynamic range, EF lens mount, Blackmagic RAW recording and more !
- Super 35 size 6144 x 3456 image sensor
- Large 5" Touchscreen for Fast and Accurate Focus
- Generation 4 Color Science
- Professional Connections for Custom Rigs
- Includes DaVinci Resolve Studio
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Body Summary
Featuring a larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and EF lens mount, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K lets you use larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field, allowing creative defocussed backgrounds and gorgeous bokeh effects! extraa resolution also gives you more room for reframing in editing and color correction. This means that you can shoot in 6K and then in post production zoom and re-frame to allow wide shots and close ups to be created, all from a siangle camera and without losing image quality.
- EF lens mount
- Handheld 6K Digital Film Camera
- 23010mm x 12.99mm - Super 35mm sensor
- 13 stops of dynamic range
- Dual native ISO up to 25,600 for HDR images and incredible low light performance
- Large 5 inch touchscreen
- 6144 x 3456 Resolution, 6K Sensor – allows 4K crop from 6K sensor
- Built in SD/UHS-II or CFast 2.0 recorders for Blackmagic RAW or ProRes recording
- USB-C expansion port for recording externally to disks
- 3D LUTS
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Body in Deatil
lightweight Carbon Fiber Polycarbonate Composite
The elegant design of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera packs an incredible number of high end digital film features into a miniaturized, handheld design. Made from lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite, the camera features a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB and shutter angle right at your fingertips. Because it's an advanced digital film camera, the sensor is designed to reduce thermal noise allowing cleaner shadows and higher ISO. Plus the large 5 inch LCD makes it possible to get perfect focus at 4K and 6K resolutions. You also get a removable battery door, 4 shock proof microphones, heavy duty lens mount and built in speaker.
Multifunction Grip with Fingertip Controls
The multifunction handgrip features a comfortable and familiar design that puts important functions such as ISO, WB and shutter buttons right at your fingertips. There's even a scroll wheel under your index finger for making quick iris adjustiments! You get additional controls that go beyond those found on a DSLR, which means you don't have to go hunting through menus on a tiny screen to find a command! The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features easy to reach recording and still buttons that are placed exactly where you expect them to be, including user assignable function keys and control buttons for high frame rate, focus zoom, menu operation, playback and more.
Fingertip Shooting Controls
The front and top of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features record start/stop and still photo buttons along with dedicated controls for iris, ISO, white balance and shutter speed. The main power switch is located on the top next to a row of 3 customizable function buttons.
Back Panel Controls
Conveniently placed below the right thumb rest, you can quickly change shooting speed with the high frame rate button, zoom into the image with the magnifying glass,access setup menus and quickly play back shots for review.
High Resolution Cinematic Digital Film Sensor
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K features a native sensor resolution of 6144 x 3456. Whether you're shooting in bright sunlight or in almost no light at all,Feature 13 stops of dynamic range and dual native ISO up to 25,600 for stunning low noise images in all lighting conditions. Plus the 6K model's larger Super 35 sensor allows shooting with a shallow depth of field and anamorphic lenses. Let you shoot up to 60 fps in full resolution or 120 fps windowed. When you combine the sensor with the latest Blackmagic Generation 4 Color Science, you get the same imaging technology as our most expensive digital film cameras.
Shoot Incredible High Dynamic Range (HDR) images
The distance between the lightest and the darkest parts of an image is called dynamic range and is measured in stops. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K both have an incredible 13 stops of dynamic range which means they preserve more detail in the lightest and darkest areas of an image than simple video cameras can. This allows you to set exposure for an indoor scene such as a cafe and still retain the details of bright outdoor light coming through a window. You even get more colors than the standard DCI P3 colorspace used for feature films. DaVinci Resolive Studio software is included with the camera, which means that you get total creative freedom with full exposure adjustiment and recovery controls when color grading
Dual Gain ISO for Exceptional Low Light Performance
In digital film ISO is a measurement of the image sensor's sensitivity to light. This means the higher the ISO number the more sensitivity to light so it's possible to shoot using natural light even at night! The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features dual gain ISO up to 25,600, which means both the 4K and 6K models are optimized to minimize grain or noise in images, while maintaining the full dynamic range of the sensor. The native ISO of 400 is ideal for scenes with on-set lighting. The secondary high base ISO of 3200 is perfect when shooting in dimly lit environments. The gain is set automatically as you adjust the ISO setting on the camera, so it's easy to capture great images when you don't have time to set up lights.
what else is included in the box?
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Lens turret dust cap
- Camera strap
- 30W power supply with locking connector and international adapters
- LP-E6 battery
- Welcome booklet
- DaVinci Resolive Studio activation key
BLACKMAGIC DESIGN POCKET CINEMA CAMERA 6K BODY SPECIFICATIONS
Effective Sensor Size
23.10mm x 12.99mm (Super 35)
Active EF mount
Iris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses.
Dual Native ISO
400 and 3200
6144 x 3456 (6K) up to 50 fps
6144 x 2560 (6K 2.4:1) up to 60 fps
5744 x 3024 (5.7K 17:9) up to 60 fps
4096 x 2160 (4K DCI) up to 60 fps
3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD) up to 60 fps
3728 x 3020 (3.7K 6:5 anamorphic) up to 60 fps
2868 x 1512 (2.8K 17:9) up to 120 fps
1920 x 1080 (HD) up to 120 fps
Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
Off-speed frame rates up to 60 fps in 6K 2.4:1, 120 fps in 2.8K 17:9 and 1080HD.
Auto focus available using compatible lenses
5” 1920 x 1080
LCD capacitive touchscreen
Automatically populated lens data from electronic EF lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes. A 3D LUT can also be embedded in metadata of Blackmagic RAW files.
Touchscreen menus on 5 inch screen. 1 x Power Switch, 1 x Record Button, 1 x Stills Button, 1 x Scroll Wheel with push integrated into handgrip, 1 x ISO, Button, 1 x White Balance, 1 x Shutter Button, 3 x software configurable Fn buttons, 1 x High Frame Rate (HFR) Button, 1 x Zoom Button, 1 x Menu Button, 1 x Play Button, 1 x Focus Button and 1 x IRIS Button.
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.