Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Extreme
The new Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Extreme Live Streaming Switcher features 8 independent HDMI inputs all with up to 1080/60p as well as advanced broadcast features for high quality live productions.
Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini Extreme summary
Similar to its predecessor, the ATEM Mini, the ATEM Mini Pro from Blackmagic Design is a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel designed for multicamera live streaming up to HD video to the internet or broadcast applications from gaming consoles, corporate computer streams, or HD cameras. Along with the software control update, the Mini Pro builds on the Mini with features such as live stream data rate and status information, a built-in hardware encoder, simultaneous recording to USB drives, drive hot swapping with the Blackmagic MultiDock, added record and stream buttons, stream caching, a timecode generator, program preview multiview, tally support, and support for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K and 4K to utilize as your broadcast sources.
- Same rear panel as ATEM Mini with added buttons and software features
- Stream video up to 1080p HD
- Quick stream, on-air and record buttons
- Hardware encoder so there's no need for additional streaming software
- Control and configure timecode, stream status
- Full support and control features for BMPCC 6K and 4K cameras
- Simultaneous USB recording
- Integration with MultiDock for live hard drive switching
- Customize advanced settings with XML files
- Software multiview with program previews, graphics, record status, on air status, audio meters
- Program preview input and output buttons
- Tally light control for BMPCC 6K/4K cameras
- Automatic timecode sync for all cameras
The ATEM Mini Pro retains the same rear-panel setup on which four HDMI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis and they input up to 1080p HD video. There is also an HDMI output for a projector or multiview monitoring, a USB Type-C output as for recording HD video to a computer, and an RJ45 10/100/1000 Ethernet port for direct live streaming as well as system management, remote control, and upgrades. You can adjust frame rate depending on the quality of your stream, and there is no need for additional streaming software because the Pro includes a built-in hardware encoder.
The updated ATEM Software Control Panel is used for control and configuration of the ATEM Mini Pro via USB or Ethernet, and it allows you to monitor the data rate, audio meters, configuration, and status of your live feed. The built-in color control panel has the same configuration of DaVinci Resolve, eliminating any learning curve. Advanced features include the ability for engineers to upload an XML configuration file to make it easier to change all your settings at once.
The control surface features the same easy-to-view, backlit control buttons to enable selecting camera inputs, controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. The ATEM Mini Pro adds several buttons to the right side such as a quick record button, which allows you to instantly record your live stream to the connected USB source, or by holding it down, you can hot-swap drives when using the Blackmagic MultiDock if you need to quickly get down to editing. On Air and Stream buttons have also been added to instantly start and stop your stream once it is set up in software control. The added Video Out buttons on the right side allow you to select a program preview for each source, so you can make sure each source is ready to go for air.
The ATEM Mini Pro features the same upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and color generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.